AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Hopes of finding the priest believed to be dead alive
Monteria (Agenzia Fides) - There are still hopes of finding don Néstor Darío Buendía Martínez alive, the priest missing in Colombia and whose death was announced, after a body was found, that was believed to be his.
According to information reported to Fides by the Diocese of Monterai, the death of Don Buendía received a resounding denial since, after forensic investigations, it is understood that the body found – although similar - was not that of the priest (see Fides 26/06/2013). The Bishop of Monteria, Mgr. Ramon Alberto Rolón has officially denied the news of the recovery of the body, explaining that the first information about the recovery of the body had been spread from unofficial sources. The Bishop appealed to the entire population to help the police in the investigations to find don Nestor.
The priest disappeared last Thursday, and there has been so news since then. The faithful of the parish of St. Anthony of Padua, where Don Buendía was assistant pastor, are concerned and pray for the priest’s life. The chief police of Cordoba told the local press that investigations continue to find the priest, but so far there have been no effective results. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 27/06/2013)
- 2015-02-21 - Lent: multimedia “On the way to Easter”
- 2015-02-10 - The proposal of the FARC divides public opinion
- 2015-01-29 - Nearly 50 000 children victims of homicide because of armed conflict
- 2015-01-26 - We need leaders who are committed and not "deaf and dumb authorities" says Mgr. Epalza
- 2014-12-22 - Even from pain comes the hope of peace, the process continues
- 2014-12-18 - For Mgr. Falla Robles: "The unilateral cease-fire should take place without any conditions"
- 2014-12-13 - SOS of the Bishop on the proliferation of dengue fever
- 2014-12-05 - Peace talks resume December 10
- 2014-12-02 - Satisfaction for the release of the General, but it is necessary to resume talks for a definite peace
- 2014-12-01 - Children are half of the victims of landmines and prohibited explosive devices