AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Hopes of finding the priest believed to be dead alive
Monteria (Agenzia Fides) - There are still hopes of finding don Néstor Darío Buendía Martínez alive, the priest missing in Colombia and whose death was announced, after a body was found, that was believed to be his.
According to information reported to Fides by the Diocese of Monterai, the death of Don Buendía received a resounding denial since, after forensic investigations, it is understood that the body found – although similar - was not that of the priest (see Fides 26/06/2013). The Bishop of Monteria, Mgr. Ramon Alberto Rolón has officially denied the news of the recovery of the body, explaining that the first information about the recovery of the body had been spread from unofficial sources. The Bishop appealed to the entire population to help the police in the investigations to find don Nestor.
The priest disappeared last Thursday, and there has been so news since then. The faithful of the parish of St. Anthony of Padua, where Don Buendía was assistant pastor, are concerned and pray for the priest’s life. The chief police of Cordoba told the local press that investigations continue to find the priest, but so far there have been no effective results. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 27/06/2013)
- 2015-06-24 - Latin American Religious give their full support and unreserved commitment for Peace in Colombia
- 2015-06-17 - Silent march in Tumaco: after 60 years of violence it is now time to form "a truly civilized society"
- 2015-06-10 - The inhabitants of port of Buenaventura subjected to "collective torture"
- 2015-06-09 - Human trafficking, new areopagus of consecrated life in Latin America
- 2015-05-26 - "Stop deaths! An agreement has to be reached as soon as possible", asks Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2015-05-22 - In the tragedy a light of life: the funeral of 33 of the 84 deaths due to the landslide in Salgar
- 2015-05-07 - Children recruited by the FARC: they are prisoners and infected with the human papilloma virus
- 2015-05-04 - Talks resume for peace, despite the incidents and the distrust of the Colombians
- 2015-04-22 - The Episcopal Council for Peace analyzes the situation of the talks
- 2015-04-21 - Emergency for violence and attacks against minors