AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Hopes of finding the priest believed to be dead alive
Monteria (Agenzia Fides) - There are still hopes of finding don Néstor Darío Buendía Martínez alive, the priest missing in Colombia and whose death was announced, after a body was found, that was believed to be his.
According to information reported to Fides by the Diocese of Monterai, the death of Don Buendía received a resounding denial since, after forensic investigations, it is understood that the body found – although similar - was not that of the priest (see Fides 26/06/2013). The Bishop of Monteria, Mgr. Ramon Alberto Rolón has officially denied the news of the recovery of the body, explaining that the first information about the recovery of the body had been spread from unofficial sources. The Bishop appealed to the entire population to help the police in the investigations to find don Nestor.
The priest disappeared last Thursday, and there has been so news since then. The faithful of the parish of St. Anthony of Padua, where Don Buendía was assistant pastor, are concerned and pray for the priest’s life. The chief police of Cordoba told the local press that investigations continue to find the priest, but so far there have been no effective results. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 27/06/2013)
- 2014-08-20 - "Only mercy can make justice a reality", said Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2014-08-18 - The first 12 members of the delegation of the victims will participate in Peace Talks which take place in Cuba
- 2014-08-13 - Dialogues of Peace between the government and FARC
- 2014-08-01 - The Church: stop the violence, but do not stop peace talks
- 2014-07-28 - Guerrilla groups become political parties: for the Church this is a positive step
- 2014-07-11 - After the Bishops also international organizations denounce the serious situation in Chocò
- 2014-07-10 - The new President of the Episcopate reiterates that peace is the great challenge of the country
- 2014-07-09 - In the region of Chocò: "We are forgotten by all, we have no protection, people live in anguish"
- 2014-07-05 - The Assembly of Bishops begins: Analysis of social reality and new directives
- 2014-07-03 - Historic meeting between religious communities for peace in the country