AMERICA/PERU - 30 social projects thanks to the Populorum Progressio Foundation
Arequipa (Agenzia Fides) - The Populorum Progressio Foundation of the Catholic Church is committed to funding two social projects in the City of Arequipa, Peru, as Cardinal Robert Sarah, President of the Pontifical Council "Cor Unum" and ex officio President of the Foundation revealed.
Each year, the foundation created by Pope John Paul II, is able to fund between 160 and 180 projects in Latin America. The amount of this social commitment is 1 million and $ 500,000, obtained by the generosity of the faithful. For this year it is expected to fund 30 social works in Peru.
As reported to Fides by the Archdiocese of Arequipa, the meeting of the Populorum Progressio Foundation was held June 18 to 21 in the city of Arequipa, Peru (see Fides 19/06/2013), this year 222 projects were presented by from 18 Countries, in particular Colombia, Brazil, Peru and Ecuador. The projects are characterized by a broadly participatory approach on behalf of local communities that contribute in all phases of the work: from conception, to the concrete realization in the event of approval. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/06/2013)
- 2015-11-24 - Preparations are underway for the beatification of the first missionary martyrs of Peru
- 2015-11-16 - Each year leukemia affects the health of 1,200 poor children
- 2015-11-10 - More than 3,000 participants at the III National Missionary Congress: to relaunch the missionary parish
- 2015-11-07 - The program for the beatification of three priests killed in 1991 by the Shining Path presented to Parliament
- 2015-10-30 - Annual report on Indigenous women and girls: victims of violence, atrocities and humiliations
- 2015-10-19 - Share the beauty of consecrated life with a testimony of joy
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking