AMERICA/PERU - 30 social projects thanks to the Populorum Progressio Foundation
Arequipa (Agenzia Fides) - The Populorum Progressio Foundation of the Catholic Church is committed to funding two social projects in the City of Arequipa, Peru, as Cardinal Robert Sarah, President of the Pontifical Council "Cor Unum" and ex officio President of the Foundation revealed.
Each year, the foundation created by Pope John Paul II, is able to fund between 160 and 180 projects in Latin America. The amount of this social commitment is 1 million and $ 500,000, obtained by the generosity of the faithful. For this year it is expected to fund 30 social works in Peru.
As reported to Fides by the Archdiocese of Arequipa, the meeting of the Populorum Progressio Foundation was held June 18 to 21 in the city of Arequipa, Peru (see Fides 19/06/2013), this year 222 projects were presented by from 18 Countries, in particular Colombia, Brazil, Peru and Ecuador. The projects are characterized by a broadly participatory approach on behalf of local communities that contribute in all phases of the work: from conception, to the concrete realization in the event of approval. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/06/2013)
- 2013-11-07 AMERICA/PERU - Exclusion and discrimination, but also struggle and resistance for indigenous women around the world
- 2013-10-28 AMERICA/PERU - 5,000 malnourished children in the province of Santa
- 2013-10-25 AMERICA/PERU - In one year children working and living on the streets have increased by 200%
- 2013-10-15 AMERICA/PERU - Also the indigenous children Kukama took part in the "TINKUY 2013"
- 2013-10-15 AMERICA/PERU - "I am not afraid of prisoners, but of those who are out on the loose and should be inside": the Bishop of Chimbote against violence
- 2013-10-14 AMERICA/PERU - Peruvian Migrants' Day, October - month of the Lord of Miracles
- 2013-10-09 AMERICA/PERU - The prisoners march for peace in Chimbote, the Bishop is present
- 2013-10-04 AMERICA/PERU - "Share your faith ... and also your bread": missionary month in the sign of the Year of Faith
- 2013-10-02 AMERICA/PERU - Children and women exploited in sweatshops in the Amazon
- 2013-09-25 AMERICA/PERU - Two thousand victims rescued from human trafficking, 42% are minors