AMERICA/HONDURAS - Dengue: cases in cities increase
Tegucigalpa (Agenzia Fides) - "Every week, the hope of reducing the incidence of dengue fever weakens, the danger lurks in the houses putting at risk the health and lives of Hondurans," says a note sent to our agency by the weekly Fides of Honduras .
The note also reports that the Director General of the Institute of Health Surveillance, Dr. Bredy Lara, pointed out that one cannot alarm the population by declaring a national emergency, but that the latest data reveal a terrible situation: "We have gone from 448 cases in week number nineteen to 528 cases in week number twenty-two. This means, compared to 2012, an increase of 218 percent." Of these cases, 81 percent are concentrated in thirteen municipalities, including San Pedro Sula, Tegucigalpa, Choluteca, Juticalpa, Puerto Cortes, Choloma, Catacamas, Progresso, La Paz, Yoro, Comayagua. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/06/2013)
- 2015-10-27 - Bishop Emiliani encourages “Honduras can do it, can stand up, can react”
- 2015-10-06 - Honduran Community says goodbye to candles and "dirty" electricity
- 2015-10-02 - Honduran Missionary receives an award for human rights
- 2015-09-23 - Mgr. Emiliani denounces the "violent reactions in the face of any situation"
- 2015-09-21 - "Honduras is sick of hate", warns Cardinal Rodriguez Maradiaga
- 2015-09-09 - Children resist famine thanks to school snacks
- 2015-07-17 - Sexual abuse on children have repercussions in adulthood
- 2015-07-15 - A new ward for children suffering from dengue and chikungunya
- 2015-07-15 - Campaign of the diocese of San Pedro Sula: "An honest man is not corrupt"
- 2015-07-06 - Still demonstrations against corruption, while other scandals come to light