AMERICA/HONDURAS - Dengue: cases in cities increase
Tegucigalpa (Agenzia Fides) - "Every week, the hope of reducing the incidence of dengue fever weakens, the danger lurks in the houses putting at risk the health and lives of Hondurans," says a note sent to our agency by the weekly Fides of Honduras .
The note also reports that the Director General of the Institute of Health Surveillance, Dr. Bredy Lara, pointed out that one cannot alarm the population by declaring a national emergency, but that the latest data reveal a terrible situation: "We have gone from 448 cases in week number nineteen to 528 cases in week number twenty-two. This means, compared to 2012, an increase of 218 percent." Of these cases, 81 percent are concentrated in thirteen municipalities, including San Pedro Sula, Tegucigalpa, Choluteca, Juticalpa, Puerto Cortes, Choloma, Catacamas, Progresso, La Paz, Yoro, Comayagua. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/06/2013)
- 2015-07-17 - Sexual abuse on children have repercussions in adulthood
- 2015-07-15 - A new ward for children suffering from dengue and chikungunya
- 2015-07-15 - Campaign of the diocese of San Pedro Sula: "An honest man is not corrupt"
- 2015-07-06 - Still demonstrations against corruption, while other scandals come to light
- 2015-07-03 - The Bishops offer their support to dialogue for social peace
- 2015-06-27 - The Church: "politics without corruption"
- 2015-05-21 - "With courage and more faith": Danilo Aceituno lived at the service of God and of the Church
- 2015-03-25 - Minors exploited and underpaid
- 2015-03-03 - There are 6000 teachers: one million children do not go to school
- 2015-02-03 - Card. Maradiaga supports the "Plan de la Alianza para la Prosperidad"