AMERICA/HONDURAS - Dengue: cases in cities increase
Tegucigalpa (Agenzia Fides) - "Every week, the hope of reducing the incidence of dengue fever weakens, the danger lurks in the houses putting at risk the health and lives of Hondurans," says a note sent to our agency by the weekly Fides of Honduras .
The note also reports that the Director General of the Institute of Health Surveillance, Dr. Bredy Lara, pointed out that one cannot alarm the population by declaring a national emergency, but that the latest data reveal a terrible situation: "We have gone from 448 cases in week number nineteen to 528 cases in week number twenty-two. This means, compared to 2012, an increase of 218 percent." Of these cases, 81 percent are concentrated in thirteen municipalities, including San Pedro Sula, Tegucigalpa, Choluteca, Juticalpa, Puerto Cortes, Choloma, Catacamas, Progresso, La Paz, Yoro, Comayagua. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/06/2013)
- 2015-05-21 - "With courage and more faith": Danilo Aceituno lived at the service of God and of the Church
- 2015-03-25 - Minors exploited and underpaid
- 2015-03-03 - There are 6000 teachers: one million children do not go to school
- 2015-02-03 - Card. Maradiaga supports the "Plan de la Alianza para la Prosperidad"
- 2015-01-15 - Over 3000 child beggars on the streets of big cities
- 2014-12-29 - Violence continues to affect mainly children and adolescents
- 2014-11-27 - Violence against women decreases, but there is still an impressive number of cases
- 2014-10-23 - A new location of the detention center in San Pedro Sula for the sake of prisoners
- 2014-10-22 - The right to food for 700,000 people suffering hunger: it is not food that is lacking, but justice
- 2014-10-13 - "Caminando con amor": 5,000 pairs of shoes have been distributed for children at risk