ASIA/VIETNAM – Free surgery for a group of disabled children
Nam Dinh (Agenzia Fides) - A group of 30 disabled children in the northern Vietnamese province of Nam Dinh, will benefit from free surgery thanks to a program sponsored and supported by the Australian organization Hands For Hope. This year, thanks to this initiative, about 100 children will be taken care of all over the country. Hands For Hope was founded in 2000 by a group of young Australians of Vietnamese origin with the aim of providing direct assistance to the most disadvantaged children living in the country. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 10/06/2013)
- 2014-09-12 - Land is a source of livelihood for 14% of the indigenous people living in the Country
- 2014-08-01 - The UN Special Rapporteur: "Serious violations of religious freedom"
- 2014-07-22 - "UN expert on religious freedom will visit Viet Nam to assess the situation in the country"
- 2014-07-02 - "Christian family, the cradle of vocations to priesthood" for the Church in Vietnam
- 2014-06-26 - Brutal police repression on Christians Mennonites
- 2014-05-27 - Tensions with China: the faithful pray for justice and peace
- 2014-05-15 - Anti-Chinese protests and violence: civil society and the Catholics ask for non-violence
- 2014-05-08 - A Vietnamese priest in the list of the top “100 information heroes”
- 2014-02-12 - Children of ethnic Dao Tien committed to celebrating the Lunar New Year
- 2014-01-17 - Campaign to abolish torture, often used against detainees for religious and political reasons