ASIA/VIETNAM – Free surgery for a group of disabled children
Nam Dinh (Agenzia Fides) - A group of 30 disabled children in the northern Vietnamese province of Nam Dinh, will benefit from free surgery thanks to a program sponsored and supported by the Australian organization Hands For Hope. This year, thanks to this initiative, about 100 children will be taken care of all over the country. Hands For Hope was founded in 2000 by a group of young Australians of Vietnamese origin with the aim of providing direct assistance to the most disadvantaged children living in the country. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 10/06/2013)
ASIA/VIETNAM – FREE SURGERY FOR A GROUP OF DISABLED CHILDREN
- 2015-03-27 - The first house of formation of the Guanellian’s has been inaugurated
- 2015-03-11 - UN report: positive developments but still restrictions on religious freedom
- 2015-02-05 - Vietnamese NGO Report on human rights and religious freedom
- 2014-11-19 - Attacks and arrests in a Mennonite Christian Center
- 2014-10-31 - Catholics in Hanoi demand the return of a land that belongs to the Church
- 2014-10-20 - The Archbishop of Ho Chi Minh city: prayer and hope for the Vatican-Vietnam diplomatic ties
- 2014-09-23 - Family, cradle of faith and of Christian witness
- 2014-09-12 - Land is a source of livelihood for 14% of the indigenous people living in the Country
- 2014-08-01 - The UN Special Rapporteur: "Serious violations of religious freedom"
- 2014-07-22 - "UN expert on religious freedom will visit Viet Nam to assess the situation in the country"