AMERICA/MEXICO - Prayers for the truce between Honduran gangs in Mexico
Xalapa (Agenzia Fides) - The Archdiocese of Xalapa has praised the truce declared by the members of two criminal gangs in Honduras (Mara Salvatrucha and Mara 18) because these gangs are also present in the Mexican diocese (see Fides 29/05/2013).
In a press statement sent to Fides, signed by the Director of Social Communications of the Archdiocese of Xalapa, Father Jose Juan Sanchez Jacome, the work carried out by the Honduran Church is recognized and the hope of converting these criminal groups is expressed.
The Archdiocese of Xalapa stresses that the two Honduran gangs are present in this area of Mexico and have clashed with each other scaring families and communities who live in anxiety and fear. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/06/2013)
- 2013-12-12 AMERICA/MEXICO -"Foreigners are not criminals": the appeal on behalf of the mothers of the Caravan
- 2013-12-10 AMERICA/MEXICO - Caravan of mothers: "The Church condemns all forms of violence against anyone, including immigrants", says the Bishop of Cordoba
- 2013-12-09 AMERICA/MEXICO - Evening Mass restarts, the communities want to prepare themselves for upcoming feasts
- 2013-12-07 AMERICA/MEXICO - "The Church is not afraid of threats", says the Bishop of Toluca
- 2013-12-06 AMERICA/MEXICO - "They left alive, we want them back alive": solidarity for the Caravan of Central American mothers
- 2013-11-25 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Violence against women is a social challenge", says Bishop Sanchez
- 2013-11-21 AMERICA/MEXICO - The Archbishop of Morelia calls on the population: "take shelter... there is violence in the street"
- 2013-11-12 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Evangelization in a context of violence" at the center of the reflection of the Bishops’ Assembly
- 2013-11-11 AMERICA/MEXICO - Three commitments on behalf of the authorities for migrants, after the intervention of Mgr. Vera López
- 2013-11-06 AMERICA/MEXICO – Historic event: a Bishop at the Congress of Coahuila opens a dialogue for the rights of migrants