AMERICA/MEXICO - Prayers for the truce between Honduran gangs in Mexico
Xalapa (Agenzia Fides) - The Archdiocese of Xalapa has praised the truce declared by the members of two criminal gangs in Honduras (Mara Salvatrucha and Mara 18) because these gangs are also present in the Mexican diocese (see Fides 29/05/2013).
In a press statement sent to Fides, signed by the Director of Social Communications of the Archdiocese of Xalapa, Father Jose Juan Sanchez Jacome, the work carried out by the Honduran Church is recognized and the hope of converting these criminal groups is expressed.
The Archdiocese of Xalapa stresses that the two Honduran gangs are present in this area of Mexico and have clashed with each other scaring families and communities who live in anxiety and fear. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/06/2013)
- 2015-04-17 - The Assembly of Bishops: "Without trust and participation we cannot go forth!"
- 2015-04-15 - Every year thousands of children are born on the street, at home or in situations considered at high risk
- 2015-04-14 - Meeting between the Church and those responsible of the elections: no to boycott
- 2015-04-09 - Another priest killed
- 2015-03-31 - The denunciation of the Bishop of Piedras Negras: Too many missing persons of whom we know nothing
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase
- 2015-02-27 - 5 months after the death of the students of Ayotzinapa: a calm but critical attitude
- 2015-02-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Nine years of indifference and impunity: the tragedy of Pasta de Conchos mine
- 2015-02-18 - “The poor are the ones who pay the price of corrupt politicians” Bishops denounce