AMERICA/MEXICO - Prayers for the truce between Honduran gangs in Mexico
Xalapa (Agenzia Fides) - The Archdiocese of Xalapa has praised the truce declared by the members of two criminal gangs in Honduras (Mara Salvatrucha and Mara 18) because these gangs are also present in the Mexican diocese (see Fides 29/05/2013).
In a press statement sent to Fides, signed by the Director of Social Communications of the Archdiocese of Xalapa, Father Jose Juan Sanchez Jacome, the work carried out by the Honduran Church is recognized and the hope of converting these criminal groups is expressed.
The Archdiocese of Xalapa stresses that the two Honduran gangs are present in this area of Mexico and have clashed with each other scaring families and communities who live in anxiety and fear. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/06/2013)
- 2015-07-02 - A recreational project for indigenous children of different ethnicities
- 2015-07-02 - Widespread violence does not spare even three elderly nuns
- 2015-06-25 - Periodic monitoring of the situation of migrants, joint efforts of government and Church
- 2015-06-15 - Bishop of Mazatlan’s appeal after the violence perpetrated during the weekend
- 2015-06-13 - A card to distinguish true priests from false priests
- 2015-06-11 - The Bishops invite the winners of the elections to fulfil the promises made
- 2015-05-28 - The churches of Piedras Negras become centers of aid to people affected by the tornado
- 2015-05-27 - Tornado among the strongest recorded in the country affects Ciudad Acuña: 14 deaths and massive damage
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination