AMERICA/MEXICO - Prayers for the truce between Honduran gangs in Mexico
Xalapa (Agenzia Fides) - The Archdiocese of Xalapa has praised the truce declared by the members of two criminal gangs in Honduras (Mara Salvatrucha and Mara 18) because these gangs are also present in the Mexican diocese (see Fides 29/05/2013).
In a press statement sent to Fides, signed by the Director of Social Communications of the Archdiocese of Xalapa, Father Jose Juan Sanchez Jacome, the work carried out by the Honduran Church is recognized and the hope of converting these criminal groups is expressed.
The Archdiocese of Xalapa stresses that the two Honduran gangs are present in this area of Mexico and have clashed with each other scaring families and communities who live in anxiety and fear. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/06/2013)
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination
- 2015-05-13 - Tarahumara children sleep in schools so they are not forced to walk five hours
- 2015-05-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – When will violence be stopped?
- 2015-05-11 - Mgr. Armendáriz to candidates: "We want proposals rather than promises"
- 2015-05-06 - The monumental image of the "Cristo de las Noas" will be donated to the diocese of Torreon
- 2015-04-30 - Toys, sweets, clothes, shoes: collection in favor of the more vulnerable indigenous children
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States