AMERICA/ARGENTINA - 4 out of 10 children are extremely poor and deprived of basic necessities
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - About 4.8 million children in Argentina belong to families who do not have sufficient income to buy basic goods needed every day. Of these, about 800,000 come from extremely poor families who cannot even aford to purchase food every day. This is what emerges in a report by the Observatory for the Social Debt of the Catholic University of Argentina. 39% of children under 18 years of age are poor. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 22/05/2013)
- 2014-12-17 - Church and government meet again
- 2014-12-11 - Drug and human trafficking: "There are people who have money stained with blood in their pocket"
- 2014-11-28 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Debate on the mining law, the Bishops ask respect for the environment
- 2014-11-05 - The fight against drugs should be considered a State matter
- 2014-11-04 - Two thousand secondary school teachers gathered for the XII Education Forum
- 2014-10-30 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Drugs: "it is urgent to move from concern to action"
- 2014-10-28 - The Bishops' spot: where are the children who disappeared during the State terrorism?
- 2014-10-11 - During the debate on drugs, the government also looks at the position of Bishops
- 2014-10-09 - Strong commitment of the Diocese of Quilmes against human trafficking and related crimes
- 2014-10-08 - Free vaccination campaign for children