AMERICA/ARGENTINA - 4 out of 10 children are extremely poor and deprived of basic necessities
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - About 4.8 million children in Argentina belong to families who do not have sufficient income to buy basic goods needed every day. Of these, about 800,000 come from extremely poor families who cannot even aford to purchase food every day. This is what emerges in a report by the Observatory for the Social Debt of the Catholic University of Argentina. 39% of children under 18 years of age are poor. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 22/05/2013)
- 2014-04-10 - For the Bishop of Posadas: "Lynchings, a serious social problem to be solved together"
- 2014-04-09 - The Church invites us to be in solidarity with the victims of the rains, Neuquen is the most affected area
- 2014-03-28 - "We see trade of death on the street" denounces the Bishop of Quilmes
- 2014-03-20 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Teachers' strike still continues in the capital
- 2014-03-17 - "Teachers’ strike must be solved with students in the classroom", asks the Bishop of Mar del Plata
- 2014-03-10 - New policies for young people are urgently needed, because "drugs have entered all levels of society"
- 2014-03-10 - There is no adequate treatment for HIV-positive children
- 2014-03-05 - The campaign against drug abuse, a scourge for thousands of young people, restarts in Jujuy
- 2014-02-20 - "From Blessed Brochero let us learn to become missionary disciples": meeting of the diocese of Patagonia
- 2014-01-16 - On-Call service for cases of abuse, mistreatment or child neglect