AMERICA/ARGENTINA - 4 out of 10 children are extremely poor and deprived of basic necessities
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - About 4.8 million children in Argentina belong to families who do not have sufficient income to buy basic goods needed every day. Of these, about 800,000 come from extremely poor families who cannot even aford to purchase food every day. This is what emerges in a report by the Observatory for the Social Debt of the Catholic University of Argentina. 39% of children under 18 years of age are poor. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 22/05/2013)
- 2014-07-08 - After 38 years the killers of the Bishop who fought for hope and dignity have been condemned
- 2014-06-27 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Social Week begins, to promote "the culture of meeting"
- 2014-06-26 - A city in march against consumption and illicit drug trafficking
- 2014-06-25 - Bishops concerned about the national economic situation
- 2014-06-18 - A video against drugs: the Church launches a campaign on social networking sites
- 2014-05-28 - Church and civil authorities together for the safety of citizens
- 2014-05-26 - After 10 years, President Kirchner takes part in the Te Deum for the national holiday
- 2014-05-14 - "The country is sick of violence": proposal of Bishops to respond to this reality
- 2014-05-05 - Episcopal Assembly begins: "It is impossible to get used to drugs and violence"
- 2014-04-10 - For the Bishop of Posadas: "Lynchings, a serious social problem to be solved together"