AMERICA/ARGENTINA - 4 out of 10 children are extremely poor and deprived of basic necessities
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - About 4.8 million children in Argentina belong to families who do not have sufficient income to buy basic goods needed every day. Of these, about 800,000 come from extremely poor families who cannot even aford to purchase food every day. This is what emerges in a report by the Observatory for the Social Debt of the Catholic University of Argentina. 39% of children under 18 years of age are poor. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 22/05/2013)
- 2015-09-02 - National Biblical campaign on the 50th anniversary of the "Dei Verbum"
- 2015-09-01 - "We cannot accept violence, we have to react": the Archbishop of Cordoba at the funeral of the murdered priest
- 2015-08-31 - Meeting of the PMS of Cone sur: from Ad Gentes to Evangelii Gaudium
- 2015-08-18 - “They steal not only the people’s money but also their hope” Bishop Lozano denounces
- 2015-08-05 - Argentina recalls the murder of Mgr. Angelelli who opposed to dictatorship
- 2015-07-22 - "Bring Christ to families": hundreds of young people on a mission to Goya
- 2015-07-21 - "Mission, a way of life": towards the fourth National Meeting of Missionary Groups
- 2015-07-15 - Nearly 30 percent of Argentines live in a situation of poverty
- 2015-07-10 - The Archbishop of Tucuman denounces: laws that violate the rights and freedom of conscience, attacks against the Church, a climate of fear
- 2015-06-24 - Bishop of Jujuy: "We need the State’s strong support against drugs"