ASIA/JORDAN - A silent march of Christians to pray for the release of the kidnapped Syrian bishops
Amman (Agenzia Fides) – On Tuesday, May 21 Christians in Amman will start off a silent march with candles to demand the release of the two bishops of Aleppo, Mar Gregorios Yohanna Ibrahim (Syrian Orthodox) and Boulos al-Yazigi (Greek Orthodox) in the hands of unknown kidnappers for a month. "In the march," says to Fides Agency the Archbishop Maroun Laham, Patriarchal Vicar for Jordan of the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem "all the Christian churches will take part. We will leave from the Orthodox Cathedral of Amman to reach Syriac, passing by the Latin Rite Catholic cathedral. In this way even the Christians of Amman and Jordan can join in the prayer that rises from all Christians in the Arab world, so our brother bishops and all the other victims of kidnapping are soon released."
The silent march was convened by the Assembly of the Heads of Churches in Jordan. In January 2009, a similar march was organized in Amman to demand an end to the military campaign "Cast Lead" waged by the Israeli army in the Gaza Strip. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 15/05/2013).
- 2015-03-02 - The parish pastoral Councils answer the questions for the Synod on the family
- 2015-02-10 - CCSM denounces offensive drawings of Lord Jesus Christ on hookahs
- 2015-02-04 - Today masses and prayers in churches for the pilot burned alive by jihadists
- 2015-02-03 - Jordanian Minister: satirical cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad have nothing to do with Christianity
- 2015-01-22 - King Abdullah II praises the Pope: religions must not offended
- 2015-01-05 - Christian Schools welcome the Iraqis children who fled from Mosul and Nineveh Plain
- 2015-01-02 - The Grand Mufti of Jordan: the pronouncement of the "Fatwa" is reserved for authorized experts
- 2014-12-16 - More than 7,000 Christian refugees from Iraq; Caritas Jordan: "in two months we will not have anymore resources to assist them"
- 2014-12-03 - Caritas Jordan in Salt launches ”Winter Campaign”
- 2014-11-24 - Conference on Christians and "Arab Springs". Father Bader: a historical phase which was followed only by negative effects