ASIA/JORDAN - A silent march of Christians to pray for the release of the kidnapped Syrian bishops
Amman (Agenzia Fides) – On Tuesday, May 21 Christians in Amman will start off a silent march with candles to demand the release of the two bishops of Aleppo, Mar Gregorios Yohanna Ibrahim (Syrian Orthodox) and Boulos al-Yazigi (Greek Orthodox) in the hands of unknown kidnappers for a month. "In the march," says to Fides Agency the Archbishop Maroun Laham, Patriarchal Vicar for Jordan of the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem "all the Christian churches will take part. We will leave from the Orthodox Cathedral of Amman to reach Syriac, passing by the Latin Rite Catholic cathedral. In this way even the Christians of Amman and Jordan can join in the prayer that rises from all Christians in the Arab world, so our brother bishops and all the other victims of kidnapping are soon released."
The silent march was convened by the Assembly of the Heads of Churches in Jordan. In January 2009, a similar march was organized in Amman to demand an end to the military campaign "Cast Lead" waged by the Israeli army in the Gaza Strip. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 15/05/2013).
- 2013-11-22 ASIA/JORDAN - Minister of Tourism to the Heads of Churches: promote pilgrimages to the Holy Places
- 2013-11-09 ASIA/JORDAN - The Director of Caritas: the refugee camp in Zaatari will become a "provisional city"
- 2013-11-06 ASIA/JORDAN - The Jesuits: online courses for refugees
- 2013-11-04 ASIA/JORDAN - Don Orione Opera opens a Centre for Syrian refugees
- 2013-10-30 ASIA/JORDAN - The leaders of Catholic schools: with the "Arab springs" negative impact on freedom of education
- 2013-10-24 ASIA/JORDAN - Patriarch Twal opens the Conference on the role of women in the Middle East
- 2013-09-25 ASIA/JORDAN - A library for the University of Madaba
- 2013-09-04 ASIA/JORDAN - King Abdullah II: Christians and Muslims become allies against sectarianism
- 2013-09-03 ASIA/JORDAN - The Summit on the plight of Christians in the Middle East has started
- 2013-08-30 ASIA/JORDAN - Summit of the Leaders of Middle Eastern Churches sponsored by the Hashemite Monarchy