ASIA/SYRIA - The Syrian Orthodox Metropolitan Kawak: Turkey help us to free the kidnapped bishops
Damascus (Agenzia Fides) - "Turkey is important to resolve the situation of our two brother bishops of Aleppo kidnapped. The entire northern Syria is now somewhat under Turkish control, so it is important to talk with them. Every diplomatic and humanitarian initiative should point in that direction, also involving the Turkish leaders." This is what the Syrian Orthodox Metropolitan Jean Kawak, in charge of the patriarchal Office in Damascus told Fides Agency, about the kidnapping of the Syrian Orthodox Metropolitan Mar Gregorios Yohanna Ibrahim and the Greek-Orthodox Boulos al-Yazigi, in the hands of unknown kidnappers since April 22. The Metropolitan Kawak reported to Fides that "there is no news on the fate of the kidnapped and on the certain identity of the group of kidnappers. There are those who ensure that the two bishops are well and that Mar Gregorios has the medicines he needs every day. But they are voices that come from different sources in an indirect manner, and that it is impossible to verify. "Today, concludes the Syrian Orthodox Metropolitan, our Churches celebrate Good Friday, and the hearts of Christians is afflicted. All Christians pray that the two bishops are released in the coming days. It would be for all also this a sign of Resurrection, after the passion we are living." (GV) (Agenzia Fides 03/05/2013).
- 2015-11-18 - Assad: "Putin is the only defender of Christian civilization"
- 2015-11-17 - Pax Christi: need to put an end to the support to jihadist groups
- 2015-11-11 - Assyrian associations denounce the violence and abuse of Kurdish forces
- 2015-11-07 - The jihadist Islamic State release 37 other Assyrian hostages of the valley of Khabur
- 2015-10-28 - Russian delegation meets representatives of Churches and religious communities
- 2015-10-27 - Father Murad speaks of his captivity
- 2015-10-26 - ASIA/SYRIA – A shell hits Latin Church in Aleppo during the celebration of Mass. Bishop Abou Khazen: it could have been a massacre
- 2015-10-26 - violence and human rights: lessons in peace building in war zones.
- 2015-10-23 - Christians in Hassakè denounce attempts to expropriate properties of emigrants
- 2015-10-20 - Offensive in Aleppo. Archbishop Marayati: we pay the price of the 'Holy Wars' carried out by others