AMERICA/PARAGUAY - 70,000 confirmed cases of dengue
Asuncion (Agenzia Fides) - Paraguay is experiencing the worst dengue epidemic ever recorded in the country.
According to the data released by the Directorate of Health Supervision, of the more than 100,000 reported, 70,000 have been confirmed. Furthermore, the number of severe patients infected by the disease is 4 times higher compared to 2012.
However, the local health authorities have registered a slight decrease in cases, but urge citizens not to be complacent. The admission to hospital went from 1500 in April to 700 until now. In order to have a real and drastic reduction it is necessary that, in addition to the lowering of the temperature, everyone has to undertake, from citizens to authorities, proper management and timely collection of waste, and functional sewage systems. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 03/05/2013)
- 2014-03-07 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - Dialogue between the Church and civil authorities on the problems regarding the population
- 2014-03-06 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - The Church calls for "fair justice"
- 2014-02-24 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - Campaign to vaccinate children against measles and rubella
- 2014-02-21 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - Half a million child laborers, exploited in activities which are dangerous to health and safety
- 2014-01-08 AMERICA/GUATEMALA - A group of religious women involved in the protection of young orphans
- 2013-12-10 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - "The people demand justice": the cry which concludes the feast of Our Lady of Caacupé
- 2013-12-07 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - Citizens outraged by politicians, the Bishops denounce corruption
- 2013-10-19 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - Children, adolescents and mothers: main victims of dengue
- 2013-08-21 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - Condemnation of the Church for the killings in the area of Tacuati, where the army has intervened
- 2013-08-02 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - Land to farmers to restore their hope and fight poverty