AMERICA/PARAGUAY - 70,000 confirmed cases of dengue
Asuncion (Agenzia Fides) - Paraguay is experiencing the worst dengue epidemic ever recorded in the country.
According to the data released by the Directorate of Health Supervision, of the more than 100,000 reported, 70,000 have been confirmed. Furthermore, the number of severe patients infected by the disease is 4 times higher compared to 2012.
However, the local health authorities have registered a slight decrease in cases, but urge citizens not to be complacent. The admission to hospital went from 1500 in April to 700 until now. In order to have a real and drastic reduction it is necessary that, in addition to the lowering of the temperature, everyone has to undertake, from citizens to authorities, proper management and timely collection of waste, and functional sewage systems. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 03/05/2013)
- 2013-12-07 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - Citizens outraged by politicians, the Bishops denounce corruption
- 2013-10-19 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - Children, adolescents and mothers: main victims of dengue
- 2013-08-21 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - Condemnation of the Church for the killings in the area of Tacuati, where the army has intervened
- 2013-08-02 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - Land to farmers to restore their hope and fight poverty
- 2013-05-03 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - 70,000 confirmed cases of dengue
- 2013-04-22 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - Horacio Cartes elected President
- 2013-04-19 AMERICA/PARAGUAY – Vote-buying is a serious sin ", warns the Apostolic Vicar of Pilcomayo
- 2013-04-19 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - "The elections are an example of civilization to strengthen democracy," the Bishops hope
- 2013-03-06 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - "Education is the key to the development of the country": Assembly of Bishops has begun
- 2012-12-17 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - The Family and the Year of Faith at the centre of the 40th mission in Argentina