ASIA/CHINA - DEEPEST CONDOLENCES FROM MGR. SAVIO HON TAI FAI FOR THE DEATH OF BISHOP JIN
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
My deepest condolences to you all!
When the news of the death of our beloved Bishop JIN reached me, I felt very sad. I still have fond memories of the Seminary in Sheshan, when Bishop JIN was still the Rector. In those days, we not only had lectures, but also basketball games and outdoor hiking. I particularly like the Marian Month and your chanting. My good brother Daqin was the Choir Master. Bishop JIN willingly spent time with us, and especially enjoyed coffee time after lunch. In one way or another, we will all miss him.
Thanks to his invitation, I was able to come to Sheshan – the place of Our Lady, and to meet a number of you: priests, seminarians, sisters, and friends. By now, most of you have great responsibilities for different pastoral and social activities. The loss of Bishop JIN made me suddenly feel very much united to you, my dear Brothers and Sisters. I indeed dreamt to be with you and to share our thoughts and sentiments with each other.
This time I also truly desired to come to Shanghai and to be with you at prayer: as one of your brothers, without any rank or pretense. However, this is one of those times in which the decision is not my own, and this is a part of life. Even if in this commemoration I cannot be present with you physically, I certainly will stay close to you spiritually. Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity (Ps 133).
When Bishop JIN was under the intensive care, I reported it to the superiors here. Even Our Holy Father, Pope Francis, showed his concern. Now Bishop JIN passed on to the Lord. We certainly offer prayers for the deceased and deepest condolences to Shanghai Diocese.
I was deeply moved by the pictures of the funeral Mass of Bishop JIN. There are so many familiar faces and my thoughts go out to all of you, my dear Brothers and Sisters, and, in a special way, to my dear brother Bishop Daqin, who was also with you in spirit. The Church, like a choir, is in need of a good conductor, so as to turn the Gospel into a beautiful song.
During this time of sadness, we recall the promises of Jesus, our Savior, Who is Risen from the dead, and commend our dear Bishop JIN to His loving care through the intercession of Mary, Our Lady of Sheshan.
Yours Fraternally in the Lord,
Savio HON Tai Fai
- 2015-05-13 - An exhibition of historical objects commemorates the pioneers of the mission in the Year of Consecrated Life
- 2015-05-06 - In the month of Mary: pilgrimage to enrich faith, respecting environment, recalling the commitment missionary
- 2015-04-17 - Catholic communities towards the Jubilee of Mercy
- 2015-03-24 - The Chinese Catholic community towards Easter
- 2015-03-17 - Even the "24 hours for the Lord" in the Lenten journey of the Chinese Catholics
- 2015-03-10 - The Bishop of Jing Xian highlights the need to give authentic Christian witness
- 2015-03-04 - The Catholic communities pray for the persecuted Christians in the Middle East and around the world
- 2015-02-21 - ASIA/CHINA – Visits to the elderly and the poor, thanksgiving to God: Chinese Catholics celebrate New Year
- 2015-02-04 - The ancient church of the diocese of Ning Bo will soon return to being the symbol of the city
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas