AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Every hour 2 children suffer abuse in Bogota
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - Every day in the Colombian capital an average of 45 boys, girls and adolescents are victims of mistreatment and are sent to the Instituto Colombiano de Bienestar Familiar (ICBF), dedicated to the protection of families and children. According to figures released by the local government health department, in 2012 only in Bogota 18,000 cases of violence and abuse of children under 18 years of age were recorded. In three out of four cases the torturers were family members. Last year, about 7,000 children under 5 years of age were subjected to violence, in the age group from 6 to 13 there were 6,560 cases of child abuse, and among adolescents 14 to 17 almost 5000. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 02/05/2013)
- 2015-07-16 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Priest murdered in the sacristy as he was about to celebrate mass
- 2015-07-13 - Once the peace agreement is signed, the real challenge of the government will be how to handle the situation
- 2015-07-09 - "The peace process is alive", said Mgr. Castro Quiroga; letter of the religious leaders
- 2015-06-24 - Latin American Religious give their full support and unreserved commitment for Peace in Colombia
- 2015-06-17 - Silent march in Tumaco: after 60 years of violence it is now time to form "a truly civilized society"
- 2015-06-10 - The inhabitants of port of Buenaventura subjected to "collective torture"
- 2015-06-09 - Human trafficking, new areopagus of consecrated life in Latin America
- 2015-05-26 - "Stop deaths! An agreement has to be reached as soon as possible", asks Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2015-05-22 - In the tragedy a light of life: the funeral of 33 of the 84 deaths due to the landslide in Salgar
- 2015-05-07 - Children recruited by the FARC: they are prisoners and infected with the human papilloma virus