AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Every hour 2 children suffer abuse in Bogota
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - Every day in the Colombian capital an average of 45 boys, girls and adolescents are victims of mistreatment and are sent to the Instituto Colombiano de Bienestar Familiar (ICBF), dedicated to the protection of families and children. According to figures released by the local government health department, in 2012 only in Bogota 18,000 cases of violence and abuse of children under 18 years of age were recorded. In three out of four cases the torturers were family members. Last year, about 7,000 children under 5 years of age were subjected to violence, in the age group from 6 to 13 there were 6,560 cases of child abuse, and among adolescents 14 to 17 almost 5000. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 02/05/2013)
- 2014-12-18 - For Mgr. Falla Robles: "The unilateral cease-fire should take place without any conditions"
- 2014-12-13 - SOS of the Bishop on the proliferation of dengue fever
- 2014-12-05 - Peace talks resume December 10
- 2014-12-02 - Satisfaction for the release of the General, but it is necessary to resume talks for a definite peace
- 2014-12-01 - Children are half of the victims of landmines and prohibited explosive devices
- 2014-11-29 - Observatory for Reconciliation and Peace is created
- 2014-11-27 - Hunger and chronic malnutrition cause the death of a child every 33 hours
- 2014-11-26 - Sexual violence on women: a forgotten medical emergency
- 2014-11-26 - Peace talks in Cuba must continue
- 2014-11-21 - The request to continue peace talks: "Do not destroy the hope of Colombians"