AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Every hour 2 children suffer abuse in Bogota
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - Every day in the Colombian capital an average of 45 boys, girls and adolescents are victims of mistreatment and are sent to the Instituto Colombiano de Bienestar Familiar (ICBF), dedicated to the protection of families and children. According to figures released by the local government health department, in 2012 only in Bogota 18,000 cases of violence and abuse of children under 18 years of age were recorded. In three out of four cases the torturers were family members. Last year, about 7,000 children under 5 years of age were subjected to violence, in the age group from 6 to 13 there were 6,560 cases of child abuse, and among adolescents 14 to 17 almost 5000. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 02/05/2013)
- 2015-11-24 - Peace process: no need to hasten the signing without verifying the international law
- 2015-11-21 - The Church: need to clarify the referendum to have lasting peace
- 2015-11-19 - "There are connections between the conflicts in the Middle East and environmental issues" says a Jesuit
- 2015-11-16 - Poverty on the rise in Santa Fe and Chapinero: daily wage and lack of retirement among the causes
- 2015-11-12 - Meeting of the Pan-Amazonian Network: necessity to listen to indigenous peoples to protect creation
- 2015-10-20 - Mgr. Castro Quiroga: "The opening of dialogue with ELN is positive news"
- 2015-10-19 - "Pope Francis" food bank for needy families in Villavicencio
- 2015-10-09 - Cardinal Pimiento: "Vote-buying is a crime"
- 2015-10-02 - Become peacemakers: 400 priests offer the opportunity to receive the sacrament of reconciliation
- 2015-09-24 - Colombia towards peace through the path of reconciliation