AMERICA/MEXICO - Poverty is treated with a supportive economy
Zacatecas (Agenzia Fides) -"The cause of poverty is not the lack of resources, but the unequal distribution of wealth in the world," said Mgr. Siegfried Noriega Barceló, Bishop of Zacatecas, in Mexico, recalling Pope Francis’ appeal on the origins of the economic crisis. Msg. Noriega, in a note sent to Fides, in fact wanted to explain to his community the message launched by the Pope on his Twitter account: "In this time of crisis it is important not to close up on oneself, but to open up, to be attentive towards others".
Mgr. Barceló pointed out that "it is the task of economic experts to present a program to improve the distribution of resources." "There is wealth" he added, just that it seems that we did not want or we were not able to share it.
Mgr. Noriega added that economy "itself is a neutral science, but the values that economic experts and consumers have affect the equitable distribution of wealth."
Pope Francis is also on Twitter. His account @ Pontifex, on the social network in nine languages, is followed by about 6million people. In America, Twitter is becoming a valuable tool to learn about the events happening in the world and, as in our case, to be updated on the the Holy Father’s messages. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 02/05/2013)
- 2014-09-29 - Prevention and relief centers: the Church committed against addiction
- 2014-09-24 - Priest found dead in the river Balsas
- 2014-09-18 - XV national meeting of the pastoral care of human mobility: "Listening to the migrant brother is like listening to the voice of Jesus"
- 2014-09-16 - "To be free is to recognise goodness and see that evil enslaves”: Independence Day celebrations
- 2014-09-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – majority of child workers in Mexico’s south east regions
- 2014-09-08 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Appointment of National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societi
- 2014-09-01 - “Migrants: for a better world”, pastoral care for human mobility national meeting
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop