AMERICA/MEXICO - Poverty is treated with a supportive economy
Zacatecas (Agenzia Fides) -"The cause of poverty is not the lack of resources, but the unequal distribution of wealth in the world," said Mgr. Siegfried Noriega Barceló, Bishop of Zacatecas, in Mexico, recalling Pope Francis’ appeal on the origins of the economic crisis. Msg. Noriega, in a note sent to Fides, in fact wanted to explain to his community the message launched by the Pope on his Twitter account: "In this time of crisis it is important not to close up on oneself, but to open up, to be attentive towards others".
Mgr. Barceló pointed out that "it is the task of economic experts to present a program to improve the distribution of resources." "There is wealth" he added, just that it seems that we did not want or we were not able to share it.
Mgr. Noriega added that economy "itself is a neutral science, but the values that economic experts and consumers have affect the equitable distribution of wealth."
Pope Francis is also on Twitter. His account @ Pontifex, on the social network in nine languages, is followed by about 6million people. In America, Twitter is becoming a valuable tool to learn about the events happening in the world and, as in our case, to be updated on the the Holy Father’s messages. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 02/05/2013)
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"
- 2015-01-27 - Child labor: 2 million and a half working children
- 2015-01-26 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Central America discuss the issue regarding assistance to migrants
- 2015-01-19 - Bishop of Zacatecas: The closure of mines is everyone’s problem
- 2015-01-17 - "We must stop violent groups", said Bishop Gallardo
- 2015-01-16 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Guerrero appreciate the good will of the army
- 2015-01-16 - The New Testament in Tsotsil language in the pipeline
- 2015-01-14 - Corruption: a serious disease that has infected all
- 2015-01-09 - The priests of Guerrero "continue to preach the Gospel as always" despite threats and blackmail,
- 2015-01-07 - "The jungle law" does not stop theft