AMERICA/MEXICO - Poverty is treated with a supportive economy
Zacatecas (Agenzia Fides) -"The cause of poverty is not the lack of resources, but the unequal distribution of wealth in the world," said Mgr. Siegfried Noriega Barceló, Bishop of Zacatecas, in Mexico, recalling Pope Francis’ appeal on the origins of the economic crisis. Msg. Noriega, in a note sent to Fides, in fact wanted to explain to his community the message launched by the Pope on his Twitter account: "In this time of crisis it is important not to close up on oneself, but to open up, to be attentive towards others".
Mgr. Barceló pointed out that "it is the task of economic experts to present a program to improve the distribution of resources." "There is wealth" he added, just that it seems that we did not want or we were not able to share it.
Mgr. Noriega added that economy "itself is a neutral science, but the values that economic experts and consumers have affect the equitable distribution of wealth."
Pope Francis is also on Twitter. His account @ Pontifex, on the social network in nine languages, is followed by about 6million people. In America, Twitter is becoming a valuable tool to learn about the events happening in the world and, as in our case, to be updated on the the Holy Father’s messages. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 02/05/2013)
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"