AMERICA/MEXICO - Poverty is treated with a supportive economy
Zacatecas (Agenzia Fides) -"The cause of poverty is not the lack of resources, but the unequal distribution of wealth in the world," said Mgr. Siegfried Noriega Barceló, Bishop of Zacatecas, in Mexico, recalling Pope Francis’ appeal on the origins of the economic crisis. Msg. Noriega, in a note sent to Fides, in fact wanted to explain to his community the message launched by the Pope on his Twitter account: "In this time of crisis it is important not to close up on oneself, but to open up, to be attentive towards others".
Mgr. Barceló pointed out that "it is the task of economic experts to present a program to improve the distribution of resources." "There is wealth" he added, just that it seems that we did not want or we were not able to share it.
Mgr. Noriega added that economy "itself is a neutral science, but the values that economic experts and consumers have affect the equitable distribution of wealth."
Pope Francis is also on Twitter. His account @ Pontifex, on the social network in nine languages, is followed by about 6million people. In America, Twitter is becoming a valuable tool to learn about the events happening in the world and, as in our case, to be updated on the the Holy Father’s messages. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 02/05/2013)
- 2015-03-31 - The denunciation of the Bishop of Piedras Negras: Too many missing persons of whom we know nothing
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase
- 2015-02-27 - 5 months after the death of the students of Ayotzinapa: a calm but critical attitude
- 2015-02-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Nine years of indifference and impunity: the tragedy of Pasta de Conchos mine
- 2015-02-18 - “The poor are the ones who pay the price of corrupt politicians” Bishops denounce
- 2015-02-16 - For 20 years a group of women has offered railway-line assistance to emigrants travelling towards the United States
- 2015-02-12 - The Archdiocese of Acapulco committed to protecting young people from criminal gangs
- 2015-02-10 - Migrants: a phenomenon which is difficult to quantify
- 2015-02-09 - The Bishop of Zacatecas: "People die every day"