AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "More than a thousand people have sought refuge in the hospital" says the Archbishop of Bangui
Bangui (Agenzia Fides) - "There are more than a thousand people who have take refuge in the hospital in Bangui, fleeing the fighting and looting in several districts of the capital," says to Fides Agency Mgr. Dieudonné Nzapalainga, Archbishop of Bangui who yesterday paid a visit to the main hospital in the Central African capital. "These people have taken refuge in the hospital to be able to sleep. Among them are many children and elderly people in addition to the patients. Our job is to bring them material and spiritual comfort along with Equipe Caritas," said Mgr. Nzapalainga.
The security in Bangui, as in the rest of the Country remains extremely precarious, to the point that Prime Minister Nicolas Tiangaye sought the help of France and FOMAC (Multinational Force of Central Africa) to "carry out security operations in Bangui and of all regions of the Country. "
Mgr. Nzapalainga confirms that "in Bangui one can hear the crackles of the weapons and the fear remains in the heads and hearts of the people."
"I am especially worried about children, who seem to live in a comatose state. We have decided to give them soccer balls to try to get them to play. I am about to meet with a group of orphans in a neighborhood that has suffered violent looting, to distribute food and bring comfort," concluded Archbishop (LM) (Agenzia Fides 18/04/2013)
- 2014-10-15 - Contacts with the kidnappers of the Polish missionary
- 2014-10-08 - Despite chaos and violence in Bozoum, schools have reopened and the pastoral year has started
- 2014-10-03 - Caritas France: "The situation is still critical because of violence"
- 2014-10-01 - "The crisis pushes more and more faithful to religious syncretism" denounces Mgr. Nzapalainga
- 2014-09-18 - "He protected the Muslims": the Alison Des Forges Award to a Central African camillian
- 2014-09-16 - “Central African crisis not insuperable” says Archbishop of Bangui
- 2014-08-18 - The Archbishop of Bangui to politicians "stop the suffering of the people as soon as possible"
- 2014-07-17 - Civil society presents a scheme to lead the country out of the crisis
- 2014-07-11 - "Immediate start of the process of disarmament to ensure safety" ask religious leaders and politicians
- 2014-07-09 - 17 people who sought refuge in the area of the Cathedral in Bambari have been killed