AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "More than a thousand people have sought refuge in the hospital" says the Archbishop of Bangui
Bangui (Agenzia Fides) - "There are more than a thousand people who have take refuge in the hospital in Bangui, fleeing the fighting and looting in several districts of the capital," says to Fides Agency Mgr. Dieudonné Nzapalainga, Archbishop of Bangui who yesterday paid a visit to the main hospital in the Central African capital. "These people have taken refuge in the hospital to be able to sleep. Among them are many children and elderly people in addition to the patients. Our job is to bring them material and spiritual comfort along with Equipe Caritas," said Mgr. Nzapalainga.
The security in Bangui, as in the rest of the Country remains extremely precarious, to the point that Prime Minister Nicolas Tiangaye sought the help of France and FOMAC (Multinational Force of Central Africa) to "carry out security operations in Bangui and of all regions of the Country. "
Mgr. Nzapalainga confirms that "in Bangui one can hear the crackles of the weapons and the fear remains in the heads and hearts of the people."
"I am especially worried about children, who seem to live in a comatose state. We have decided to give them soccer balls to try to get them to play. I am about to meet with a group of orphans in a neighborhood that has suffered violent looting, to distribute food and bring comfort," concluded Archbishop (LM) (Agenzia Fides 18/04/2013)
- 2015-07-24 - AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA – Training to counter unemployment: 29 teachers receive diploma
- 2015-05-18 - "We have to be humble to have the courage to forgive one another", said the Archbishop of Bangui
- 2015-03-26 - Caritas Bangui distributes aid to the displaced Muslims in Mbaiki
- 2015-03-03 - Archbishop of Bangui visits two militia leaders in prison
- 2015-02-24 - “Our country can be compared to a desert, where we must combat the temptations of the devil” says Archbishop Nzapalainga
- 2015-02-06 - "The conflict is political not religious" say three participants
- 2015-01-28 - Caritas: more funds needed for refugees from the Central African Republic
- 2015-01-14 - "Signs of hope but still too much violence, also due to the strong movement of weapons", say the Bishops
- 2015-01-13 - The situation is improving, the Bishops launch a campaign for social cohesion
- 2015-01-07 - Archbishop of Bangui threatened with death while bringing assistance to the displaced