AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "More than a thousand people have sought refuge in the hospital" says the Archbishop of Bangui
Bangui (Agenzia Fides) - "There are more than a thousand people who have take refuge in the hospital in Bangui, fleeing the fighting and looting in several districts of the capital," says to Fides Agency Mgr. Dieudonné Nzapalainga, Archbishop of Bangui who yesterday paid a visit to the main hospital in the Central African capital. "These people have taken refuge in the hospital to be able to sleep. Among them are many children and elderly people in addition to the patients. Our job is to bring them material and spiritual comfort along with Equipe Caritas," said Mgr. Nzapalainga.
The security in Bangui, as in the rest of the Country remains extremely precarious, to the point that Prime Minister Nicolas Tiangaye sought the help of France and FOMAC (Multinational Force of Central Africa) to "carry out security operations in Bangui and of all regions of the Country. "
Mgr. Nzapalainga confirms that "in Bangui one can hear the crackles of the weapons and the fear remains in the heads and hearts of the people."
"I am especially worried about children, who seem to live in a comatose state. We have decided to give them soccer balls to try to get them to play. I am about to meet with a group of orphans in a neighborhood that has suffered violent looting, to distribute food and bring comfort," concluded Archbishop (LM) (Agenzia Fides 18/04/2013)
- 2014-03-05 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Imam of Bangui: "If we want peace, we must be impartial and condemn all forms of violence"
- 2014-02-26 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC – Work goes on at Bangui university despite chaos
- 2014-02-24 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC - “churches and mosques must be rid of armed infiltrators”: say the Catholic Archbishop and the Imam of Bangui
- 2014-02-18 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The Anti Balaka are doing more damage than Seleka", says a missionary
- 2014-02-14 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "God exists and God knows"
- 2014-02-10 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Religious leaders’ appeal: "Do not drag religion into political conflict"
- 2014-02-07 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "Christians and Muslims: the same blood, the same language, the same Country"
- 2014-02-04 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The situation in Bouar is a bit calmer although there are reprisals against the Muslims"
- 2014-01-27 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA – Are the Anti Balaka really a "Christian militia"?
- 2014-01-23 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The State has collapsed, UN intervention is needed": appeal of the Archbishop of Bangui and the Imam