ASIA/TAIWAN - The local Church wonders about faith and evangelization
Kaoshiung (Agenzia Fides) - The Year of Faith has been called as "time of particular reflection" to foster "a more complete conversion to God, to strengthen our faith in Him and to proclaim Him with joy to the people of our time" (Benedict XVI, 16 October 2011). In this spirit, the Church in Taiwan wished to reflect as a community on the essential relationship that connects faith and evangelization in order to favor a renewed commitment in the current Taiwanese society.
The opportunity to fulfill this shared discernment was provided by the Symposium held from March 19 to 21 in Kaoshiung, in the Pastoral Center of the Mount of the Beatitudes, organized on behalf of the Bishops' Conference of the Pontifical Mission Societies, led by the camillian father Felice Chech. The event saw the participation of more than 300 conference attendees. Cardinal Joseph Zen spoke at the Symposium, and presented the experience of the Church in Hong Kong, highlighting the valuable role played in evangelization by more than 300 Catholic schools working in the UK Cologne.
The Archbishop of Kaohsiung, Msg. Peter Liou Cheng-Choung, proposed instead a personal memory of the heroic figure of Cardinal Paul Shan, presenting him as a "strong witness of faith in the Church and in society."
While the spiritual director of Fu Jen Catholic University emphasized the role played by the Catholic university in the evangelization of the new generations, who see the university campus as an oasis of authentic values lived in the light of Christ and experienced in the concrete development of university life. (Agenzia Fides 18/04/2013).
- 2014-10-10 - Asia-Pacific Congress: "As a Church, we cannot remain silent witnesses of the conditions of migrants and their families"
- 2014-09-12 - The first church in China dedicated to Saint John Paul II has been consecrated
- 2013-04-18 - The local Church wonders about faith and evangelization
- 2013-03-11 - The Youth Pastoral Commission of the Diocese of Tai Chung accompanies the young people’s spiritual journey of Lent
- 2013-03-01 - Faith, Creed and Evangelization: theme of fraternity and communion of priests, men and women religious and consecrated laity of the Diocese of Kao Hsiung
- 2013-02-13 - The National Council of Churches promotes campaigns to raise awareness in society
- 2013-01-31 - "A hot winter" Chinese New Year full of love also for the most vulnerable
- 2013-01-24 - Missionary mandate to the new members of the Apostolate of the Laity of the Diocese of Kao Hsiung
- 2013-01-22 - The Bishops of Taiwan practice the use of the mass media and public relations management
- 2013-01-17 - "The greatest gift of the Year of Faith": three Vietnamese deacons of the Chinese Congregation of the Little Brothers of St. John the Baptist have been ordained