AMERICA/MEXICO - Torture, rape and disappearances for a total of 48,300 missing persons
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - According to the latest data released by the National Commission of Human Rights, in Mexico, in the period from 2005 to 2012, 48,300 people disappeared, there were also a total of 48,750 violent murders. Of all the reports of people missing: 24,091 have disappeared; 15,921 have not been identified and 726 are victims of forced or involuntary disappearances. The statistics of the2013 National Human Rights Agenda report that 2011 was the most violent year with 10,696 murders. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 17/04/2013)
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"