VATICAN - Listening to Asia: Pathways for faith, societies and religions, between tradition and contemporaneity
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Listening to Asia: Pathways for faith, societies and religions, between tradition and contemporaneity" is the theme of the International Conference which began this morning at the Pontifical Urbaniana University. Em. Cardinal Filoni, Chancellor of the PUU and Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples will make the inaugural address.
The Conference, to be held from April 15 to 17, draws inspiration from the indiction of the Year of Faith by Benedict XVI with a view to "making God present in this world once again and to giving men and women access to the faith" (address of January 27th 2012). Asia gives origin to advanced civilizations which are strongly characterized by the religious factor. Today, these civilizations are undergoing a rapid process of social, economic and cultural change as they are becoming part of a globalised world. Faster communication processes and freer movement of goods and people, the spread of technology at all levels, the interconnection of economic and political systems throughout the world, between Countries and socio-cultural blocks, growing urbanization, imbalanced economic development processes within the single countries pose new religious and existential questions to the men of Faith. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/04/2013)
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide
- 2015-06-17 - VATICAN – The Pope: "the international community should act in a fitting and effective way to prevent the causes of forced migration"
- 2015-06-05 - Pope Francis to the PMS: "missionary activity is still the greatest challenge for the Church"
- 2015-05-28 - General Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies: "How to support the universal mission today and tomorrow"
- 2015-05-25 - The Pope's Message for World Mission Day 2015
- 2015-05-21 - The Pope recalls the Day of Prayer for the Church in China on May 24
- 2015-05-18 - Archbishop Romero will be the patron of Caritas Internationalis
- 2015-05-04 - Cardinal Filoni ordains 14 deacons from Africa and Asia: "you must have a missionary heart"
- 2015-04-29 - For a "Christian commitment" in the fight against human trafficking
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"