VATICAN - Listening to Asia: Pathways for faith, societies and religions, between tradition and contemporaneity
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Listening to Asia: Pathways for faith, societies and religions, between tradition and contemporaneity" is the theme of the International Conference which began this morning at the Pontifical Urbaniana University. Em. Cardinal Filoni, Chancellor of the PUU and Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples will make the inaugural address.
The Conference, to be held from April 15 to 17, draws inspiration from the indiction of the Year of Faith by Benedict XVI with a view to "making God present in this world once again and to giving men and women access to the faith" (address of January 27th 2012). Asia gives origin to advanced civilizations which are strongly characterized by the religious factor. Today, these civilizations are undergoing a rapid process of social, economic and cultural change as they are becoming part of a globalised world. Faster communication processes and freer movement of goods and people, the spread of technology at all levels, the interconnection of economic and political systems throughout the world, between Countries and socio-cultural blocks, growing urbanization, imbalanced economic development processes within the single countries pose new religious and existential questions to the men of Faith. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/04/2013)
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"
- 2015-04-09 - Cardinal Filoni: Iraqi families all expect to be able to return to their homes, and we are ready to help them start over
- 2015-04-08 - Easter 2015: "Our brothers and sisters are persecuted, exiled, killed and beheaded simply because they are Christians, they are our martyrs of today"
- 2015-03-30 - The Pope: "We think of our brothers and sisters who are persecuted because they are Christians, the martyrs of our own time"
- 2015-03-27 - Cardinal Filoni returns to Iraq to express the closeness and affection of the Pope to displaced families
- 2015-03-16 - VATICAN – Pope Francis: "Our brothers' and sisters' blood is shed only because they are Christians"
- 2015-02-10 - VATICAN – World Day of the Sick: the Church runs 115 352 health care and social assistance institutes in the world
- 2015-02-04 - On February 8: "Shine a light against human trafficking"
- 2015-01-26 - Cardinal Filoni celebrates the 50th anniversary of the diocese of Xuan Loc, "may families and parishes become God’s families"
- 2015-01-23 - Cardinal Filoni at the Shrine of La Vang entrusts the work of evangelization to the Virgin