VATICAN - Listening to Asia: Pathways for faith, societies and religions, between tradition and contemporaneity
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Listening to Asia: Pathways for faith, societies and religions, between tradition and contemporaneity" is the theme of the International Conference which began this morning at the Pontifical Urbaniana University. Em. Cardinal Filoni, Chancellor of the PUU and Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples will make the inaugural address.
The Conference, to be held from April 15 to 17, draws inspiration from the indiction of the Year of Faith by Benedict XVI with a view to "making God present in this world once again and to giving men and women access to the faith" (address of January 27th 2012). Asia gives origin to advanced civilizations which are strongly characterized by the religious factor. Today, these civilizations are undergoing a rapid process of social, economic and cultural change as they are becoming part of a globalised world. Faster communication processes and freer movement of goods and people, the spread of technology at all levels, the interconnection of economic and political systems throughout the world, between Countries and socio-cultural blocks, growing urbanization, imbalanced economic development processes within the single countries pose new religious and existential questions to the men of Faith. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/04/2013)
- 2014-10-01 - The feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, Patroness of the Missions, opens the Mission Month
- 2014-09-24 - Pope's appeal to the countries of Africa affected by the ebola virus
- 2014-09-22 - Bishops, called to give "a genuine missionary impulse" to their diocesan communities
- 2014-09-13 - "Strong families are our best defense against poverty": meeting on the role of the family in the global economic crisis
- 2014-08-19 - Cardinal Filoni thanks the Pope for his prayers
- 2014-08-18 - Press release of the Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans
- 2014-08-13 - Declaration of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
- 2014-08-12 - Cardinal Fernando Filoni leaves today for Iraq.
- 2014-08-11 - Pope Francis meets with Cardinal Fernando Filoni, his Envoy in Iraq
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"