VATICAN - Listening to Asia: Pathways for faith, societies and religions, between tradition and contemporaneity
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Listening to Asia: Pathways for faith, societies and religions, between tradition and contemporaneity" is the theme of the International Conference which began this morning at the Pontifical Urbaniana University. Em. Cardinal Filoni, Chancellor of the PUU and Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples will make the inaugural address.
The Conference, to be held from April 15 to 17, draws inspiration from the indiction of the Year of Faith by Benedict XVI with a view to "making God present in this world once again and to giving men and women access to the faith" (address of January 27th 2012). Asia gives origin to advanced civilizations which are strongly characterized by the religious factor. Today, these civilizations are undergoing a rapid process of social, economic and cultural change as they are becoming part of a globalised world. Faster communication processes and freer movement of goods and people, the spread of technology at all levels, the interconnection of economic and political systems throughout the world, between Countries and socio-cultural blocks, growing urbanization, imbalanced economic development processes within the single countries pose new religious and existential questions to the men of Faith. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/04/2013)
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"
- 2014-06-14 - Message of His Holiness Francis for the World Mission Day 2014
- 2014-06-09 - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
- 2014-06-02 - Death of Cardinal Lourdusamy, he was Secretary of Propaganda Fide and President of the PMS
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Otélé : "without the logic of holiness, the priestly ministry would simply be a social function"
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the clergy of Equatorial Guinea: "A priest is not an official of the Church, but administrator of the mysteries of God":
- 2014-05-28 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Nkolbisson-Yaoundé: "take to heart the ideal of the priest that the Church needs today and will need tomorrow"
- 2014-05-26 - Cardinal Filoni in Cameroon, for the centenary of the evangelization of Bamenda, and in Equatorial Guinea
- 2014-05-21 - Pope Francis invites to pray so that "Catholics in China continue to believe, to hope and to love"
- 2014-05-08 - Cardinal Filoni at the Mater Ecclesiae College: Religious women, missionary outposts and proclamation of the Gospel