AMERICA/MEXICO - American Meeting on human trafficking, the largest slavery in this century
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - The fifth conference of the World Union of Catholic Women's Organizations of Latin America and the Caribbean (WUCWO) dedicated to the topic of human trafficking is being held in Mexico City. "The objective of the regional conference with the participation of delegations from the various WUCWO member organizations and many others invited – explains the president of the organization Maria Giovanna Ruggieri - consists in the awareness of the ecclesial community and the different situations in which women are integrated with regards to this terrible scourge of our time, which both the civil community and the one with a Christian vision of the person, should fight with all means."
The different interventions during the conference will tackle the subject under different angles: as a general definition of the phenomenon "trafficking" with the identification of social and cultural roots that combine to determine this, the analysis of subjects who are protagonists and how they work with the smuggling networks, the responsibility of governments for law enforcement. The relationship between trafficking and migration and the different forms of exploitation (sexual, commercial and business) will also be analyzed, explains the note sent to Fides.
The meeting began yesterday and ends on Friday, April 12 with the Eucharistic celebration in the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico presided by the Apostolic Nuncio, Archbishop Mgr. Christophe Pierre. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/04/2013)
- 2014-09-29 - Prevention and relief centers: the Church committed against addiction
- 2014-09-24 - Priest found dead in the river Balsas
- 2014-09-18 - XV national meeting of the pastoral care of human mobility: "Listening to the migrant brother is like listening to the voice of Jesus"
- 2014-09-16 - "To be free is to recognise goodness and see that evil enslaves”: Independence Day celebrations
- 2014-09-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – majority of child workers in Mexico’s south east regions
- 2014-09-08 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Appointment of National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societi
- 2014-09-01 - “Migrants: for a better world”, pastoral care for human mobility national meeting
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop