AMERICA/MEXICO - "Challenges of the Church in Mexico," the 95th Assembly of Bishops begins
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - The 95th Plenary Assembly of the Episcopal Conference of Mexico begins today, Monday, April 8 under the theme "The challenges of the Church in Mexico in these next 3 years."
In a statement to the local press, also sent to Fides, the Secretary of the Episcopal Conference of Mexico (CEM), Mgr. Eugenio Lira Rugarcía stated that after the presentation of the analysis by a group of lay specialists on the situation in the Country , "the bishops will discuss with them in order to also be informed in detail about the different conditions of our society."
The guests are Luis Ernesto Derbez Bautista, rector of de las Américas Puebla (UDLAP) University; Luis F. Aguilar Villanueva, Director of Research of public policy and government at the University of Guadalajara (UDG), and María Luisa Aspe Armella, professor at the Iberoamericana University.
"Only this Assembly will take place at the Apostolic Nunciature, to pay homage to the newly-elected Pope Francis, with a Mass presided by Archbishop Mgr. Christophe Pierre, Nuncio of His Holiness. From here all the bishops will go to the Episcopal Conference at the Casa de Lago Cuautitlan Izcalli, State of Mexico, where the meeting will take place from Tuesday to Friday. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/04/2013)
- 2015-07-02 - A recreational project for indigenous children of different ethnicities
- 2015-07-02 - Widespread violence does not spare even three elderly nuns
- 2015-06-25 - Periodic monitoring of the situation of migrants, joint efforts of government and Church
- 2015-06-15 - Bishop of Mazatlan’s appeal after the violence perpetrated during the weekend
- 2015-06-13 - A card to distinguish true priests from false priests
- 2015-06-11 - The Bishops invite the winners of the elections to fulfil the promises made
- 2015-05-28 - The churches of Piedras Negras become centers of aid to people affected by the tornado
- 2015-05-27 - Tornado among the strongest recorded in the country affects Ciudad Acuña: 14 deaths and massive damage
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination