AMERICA/MEXICO - "Challenges of the Church in Mexico," the 95th Assembly of Bishops begins
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - The 95th Plenary Assembly of the Episcopal Conference of Mexico begins today, Monday, April 8 under the theme "The challenges of the Church in Mexico in these next 3 years."
In a statement to the local press, also sent to Fides, the Secretary of the Episcopal Conference of Mexico (CEM), Mgr. Eugenio Lira Rugarcía stated that after the presentation of the analysis by a group of lay specialists on the situation in the Country , "the bishops will discuss with them in order to also be informed in detail about the different conditions of our society."
The guests are Luis Ernesto Derbez Bautista, rector of de las Américas Puebla (UDLAP) University; Luis F. Aguilar Villanueva, Director of Research of public policy and government at the University of Guadalajara (UDG), and María Luisa Aspe Armella, professor at the Iberoamericana University.
"Only this Assembly will take place at the Apostolic Nunciature, to pay homage to the newly-elected Pope Francis, with a Mass presided by Archbishop Mgr. Christophe Pierre, Nuncio of His Holiness. From here all the bishops will go to the Episcopal Conference at the Casa de Lago Cuautitlan Izcalli, State of Mexico, where the meeting will take place from Tuesday to Friday. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/04/2013)
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase
- 2015-02-27 - 5 months after the death of the students of Ayotzinapa: a calm but critical attitude
- 2015-02-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Nine years of indifference and impunity: the tragedy of Pasta de Conchos mine
- 2015-02-18 - “The poor are the ones who pay the price of corrupt politicians” Bishops denounce
- 2015-02-16 - For 20 years a group of women has offered railway-line assistance to emigrants travelling towards the United States
- 2015-02-12 - The Archdiocese of Acapulco committed to protecting young people from criminal gangs
- 2015-02-10 - Migrants: a phenomenon which is difficult to quantify
- 2015-02-09 - The Bishop of Zacatecas: "People die every day"
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"
- 2015-01-27 - Child labor: 2 million and a half working children