AMERICA/MEXICO - "Challenges of the Church in Mexico," the 95th Assembly of Bishops begins
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - The 95th Plenary Assembly of the Episcopal Conference of Mexico begins today, Monday, April 8 under the theme "The challenges of the Church in Mexico in these next 3 years."
In a statement to the local press, also sent to Fides, the Secretary of the Episcopal Conference of Mexico (CEM), Mgr. Eugenio Lira Rugarcía stated that after the presentation of the analysis by a group of lay specialists on the situation in the Country , "the bishops will discuss with them in order to also be informed in detail about the different conditions of our society."
The guests are Luis Ernesto Derbez Bautista, rector of de las Américas Puebla (UDLAP) University; Luis F. Aguilar Villanueva, Director of Research of public policy and government at the University of Guadalajara (UDG), and María Luisa Aspe Armella, professor at the Iberoamericana University.
"Only this Assembly will take place at the Apostolic Nunciature, to pay homage to the newly-elected Pope Francis, with a Mass presided by Archbishop Mgr. Christophe Pierre, Nuncio of His Holiness. From here all the bishops will go to the Episcopal Conference at the Casa de Lago Cuautitlan Izcalli, State of Mexico, where the meeting will take place from Tuesday to Friday. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/04/2013)
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States
- 2015-04-17 - The Assembly of Bishops: "Without trust and participation we cannot go forth!"
- 2015-04-15 - Every year thousands of children are born on the street, at home or in situations considered at high risk
- 2015-04-14 - Meeting between the Church and those responsible of the elections: no to boycott
- 2015-04-09 - Another priest killed
- 2015-03-31 - The denunciation of the Bishop of Piedras Negras: Too many missing persons of whom we know nothing
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase
- 2015-02-27 - 5 months after the death of the students of Ayotzinapa: a calm but critical attitude
- 2015-02-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Nine years of indifference and impunity: the tragedy of Pasta de Conchos mine