AMERICA/MEXICO - "Challenges of the Church in Mexico," the 95th Assembly of Bishops begins
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - The 95th Plenary Assembly of the Episcopal Conference of Mexico begins today, Monday, April 8 under the theme "The challenges of the Church in Mexico in these next 3 years."
In a statement to the local press, also sent to Fides, the Secretary of the Episcopal Conference of Mexico (CEM), Mgr. Eugenio Lira Rugarcía stated that after the presentation of the analysis by a group of lay specialists on the situation in the Country , "the bishops will discuss with them in order to also be informed in detail about the different conditions of our society."
The guests are Luis Ernesto Derbez Bautista, rector of de las Américas Puebla (UDLAP) University; Luis F. Aguilar Villanueva, Director of Research of public policy and government at the University of Guadalajara (UDG), and María Luisa Aspe Armella, professor at the Iberoamericana University.
"Only this Assembly will take place at the Apostolic Nunciature, to pay homage to the newly-elected Pope Francis, with a Mass presided by Archbishop Mgr. Christophe Pierre, Nuncio of His Holiness. From here all the bishops will go to the Episcopal Conference at the Casa de Lago Cuautitlan Izcalli, State of Mexico, where the meeting will take place from Tuesday to Friday. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/04/2013)
- 2014-12-15 - The Church reminds authorities that they even have to respond to the law for their actions
- 2014-12-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Conclusion of the 10th "Caravan of hope": 9 missing migrants found
- 2014-12-10 - The Church close to the families of the missing students and engaged in proposing solutions
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – After14 years ordination of 9 Indigenous permanent deacons
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Young man dies to obtain justice
- 2014-12-06 - Bishop of Torreón calls for “more proposals and less protests to achieve peace”
- 2014-12-03 - Bishop Alba: "We cannot allow criminals steal our streets, steal our peace"
- 2014-11-29 - After improvised lessons in the street, minors are forced to bring chairs in a house used as a school every day
- 2014-11-29 - Students missing: "The authorities must clarify the situation", said the Bishop of Tlaxcala
- 2014-11-28 - From the first Sunday of Advent: Twelve Days of Prayer for Peace