AMERICA/MEXICO - "Challenges of the Church in Mexico," the 95th Assembly of Bishops begins
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - The 95th Plenary Assembly of the Episcopal Conference of Mexico begins today, Monday, April 8 under the theme "The challenges of the Church in Mexico in these next 3 years."
In a statement to the local press, also sent to Fides, the Secretary of the Episcopal Conference of Mexico (CEM), Mgr. Eugenio Lira Rugarcía stated that after the presentation of the analysis by a group of lay specialists on the situation in the Country , "the bishops will discuss with them in order to also be informed in detail about the different conditions of our society."
The guests are Luis Ernesto Derbez Bautista, rector of de las Américas Puebla (UDLAP) University; Luis F. Aguilar Villanueva, Director of Research of public policy and government at the University of Guadalajara (UDG), and María Luisa Aspe Armella, professor at the Iberoamericana University.
"Only this Assembly will take place at the Apostolic Nunciature, to pay homage to the newly-elected Pope Francis, with a Mass presided by Archbishop Mgr. Christophe Pierre, Nuncio of His Holiness. From here all the bishops will go to the Episcopal Conference at the Casa de Lago Cuautitlan Izcalli, State of Mexico, where the meeting will take place from Tuesday to Friday. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/04/2013)
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"