ASIA/IRAQ - Meeting between representatives of the Churches on the condition and the current problems of the Christian communities
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - Yesterday, Tuesday, March 26 leaders and representatives of the Churches and Christian communities in Iraq gathered at the headquarters of the Chaldean Patriarchate in Bagdad to discuss the present condition of the baptized who live in the Middle East and to deal in a joint manner the emergencies and difficulties that wear out the presence of Christians in that Country in the current historical moment. The meeting, convened by the Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans Louis Raphael I Sako, was attended by senior representatives of the Greek-Orthodox, Armenian Apostolic, Assyrian of the East, Syriac-Orthodox, Coptic Orthodox and Syriac-Catholic Churches. The meeting was also attended by George Chamoun, president of the Adventist community in Iraq.
Ecumenism and fraternal dialogue of communion with all Christians is a priority for the current Chaldean Patriarch. "Now," declared S. B. Sako to Fides Agency after his election, "unfortunately one hears some who say: I am more Armenian than Christian, more Assyrian than Christian, more Chaldean than Christian. A tribal mentality persists here and there, so every village aims to have 'its' Bishop or 'its' Patriarch. In this way Christianity is weakened. We, as Bishops, must be vigilant against these evil forms of illness of living one’s own identity." (GV) (Agenzia Fides 27/03/2012).
- 2015-10-10 - Christians in Erbil protest against corruption, "our neighborhoods are being filled with infamous clubs"
- 2015-10-09 - Two Iraqi sisters go and live among the Christian refugees camped in Erbil
- 2015-10-06 - Iraqi Ministry of Justice: Christian property will be protected
- 2015-10-01 - The Synod of the Chaldean Church convened in Rome at the end of October
- 2015-09-28 - The New Assyrian Patriarch during the inauguration ceremony: religious language must be put at the service of peace
- 2015-09-21 - New Assyrian Patriarch elected. And the patriarchal seat could return to Iraq
- 2015-09-14 - Nineveh Plain, Christians in Alqosh in procession for the feast of the Holy Cross
- 2015-09-10 - Inauguaration of the Diocesan Museum in Bassora
- 2015-08-31 - Chaldean Patriarchate delivers a dossier on the abuses suffered by Christians in Baghdad to the authorities
- 2015-08-28 - Chaldean Patriarch to Iraqi political leaders: integrate the voluntary militias in the army