ASIA/IRAQ - Meeting between representatives of the Churches on the condition and the current problems of the Christian communities
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - Yesterday, Tuesday, March 26 leaders and representatives of the Churches and Christian communities in Iraq gathered at the headquarters of the Chaldean Patriarchate in Bagdad to discuss the present condition of the baptized who live in the Middle East and to deal in a joint manner the emergencies and difficulties that wear out the presence of Christians in that Country in the current historical moment. The meeting, convened by the Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans Louis Raphael I Sako, was attended by senior representatives of the Greek-Orthodox, Armenian Apostolic, Assyrian of the East, Syriac-Orthodox, Coptic Orthodox and Syriac-Catholic Churches. The meeting was also attended by George Chamoun, president of the Adventist community in Iraq.
Ecumenism and fraternal dialogue of communion with all Christians is a priority for the current Chaldean Patriarch. "Now," declared S. B. Sako to Fides Agency after his election, "unfortunately one hears some who say: I am more Armenian than Christian, more Assyrian than Christian, more Chaldean than Christian. A tribal mentality persists here and there, so every village aims to have 'its' Bishop or 'its' Patriarch. In this way Christianity is weakened. We, as Bishops, must be vigilant against these evil forms of illness of living one’s own identity." (GV) (Agenzia Fides 27/03/2012).
- 2015-03-16 - Chaldean Patriarch: a law against preachers who incite violence is needed
- 2015-03-12 - The monastery of St. George in Mosul damaged, but not destroyed
- 2015-03-10 - Appeal of the Chaldean Patriarch: the offensive against the Caliphate causes new humanitarian emergencies
- 2015-02-24 - ASIA/IRAQ – Courses to start soon at Erbil Catholic University
- 2015-02-18 - Chaldean Patriarch urges Muslims: Join us in our Lenten fast to obtain the gift of peace
- 2015-02-16 - In Mosul jihadist “patrols” ban Saint Valentine
- 2015-02-12 - The Chaldean Archbishop of Kirkuk promotes a blood drive for the victims of terrorism
- 2015-02-09 - Synod of Chaldean Bishops: join forces to liberate the lands occupied by jihadists
- 2015-02-05 - The Chaldean Patriarchate: reports on the execution of a priest in Mosul are unfounded
- 2015-01-29 - US Senators: The United States have to encourage the creation of a province for Christians in the Nineveh Plain