ASIA/PAKISTAN - "Hope for a better future," the people gladly welcome the election of the newly elected Pope Francis
Lahore (Agenzia Fides) - "The whole Christian community in Pakistan was very happy for the election of the new Pope, a man of God and a deeply spiritual person" This is what was reported to Fides Agency by father Mushtaq Anjum, a Pakistani Camillian missionary, engaged in the Philippines in assisting the most disadvantaged. "A Pope who is from Latin America shows how the Church is truly universal" - the missionary continues. "In the Philippines, the population received the news with joy and great hope for the future," concludes Fr. Mushtaq. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 15/03/2013)
- 2014-08-20 - Christian leaders in Pakistan: "The international community must wake up"
- 2014-07-28 - "Terrorism and intolerance are the wounds of Pakistan"
- 2014-07-24 - Also displaced Christians and Hindus from North Waziristan: no to discrimination
- 2014-07-05 - Escape from terrorism and extremism: the exodus of religious minorities has started
- 2014-07-03 - Terrorist groups settle in the Christian area of Essa Nagri in Karachi
- 2014-07-01 - Solidarity towards the orphans of the massacre in the church of Peshawar
- 2014-06-30 - The Archbishop of Lahore: "A new springtime for the Church in our country"
- 2014-06-28 - Discrimination and violence against a Christian businessman, threatened by Islamic extremists
- 2014-06-25 - Petition filed at the High Court: fix a trial date for Asia Bibi
- 2014-06-24 - Historic decision: the birth of the "National Council for the rights of minorities"