ASIA/PAKISTAN - "Hope for a better future," the people gladly welcome the election of the newly elected Pope Francis
Lahore (Agenzia Fides) - "The whole Christian community in Pakistan was very happy for the election of the new Pope, a man of God and a deeply spiritual person" This is what was reported to Fides Agency by father Mushtaq Anjum, a Pakistani Camillian missionary, engaged in the Philippines in assisting the most disadvantaged. "A Pope who is from Latin America shows how the Church is truly universal" - the missionary continues. "In the Philippines, the population received the news with joy and great hope for the future," concludes Fr. Mushtaq. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 15/03/2013)
- 2014-10-24 - Asia Bibi’s sentence damages tolerance in Pakistan
- 2014-10-22 - Interreligious marriage canceled after threats to a young married couple
- 2014-10-21 - Too many interests behind Asia Bibi’s case: the truth of the facts are covered up
- 2014-10-17 - The Church: "Asia Bibi sentenced, but hope is alive"
- 2014-10-16 - Asia Bibi’s death sentence confirmed by the Court of Appeal
- 2014-10-15 - Islamic extremists object to an interfaith marriage with violence
- 2014-10-13 - A court hearing for Asia Bibi
- 2014-10-13 - A regional system for the protection of human rights in South Asia is necessary
- 2014-10-10 - Nobel Peace Prize to Malala "recalls women's rights and the right to education"
- 2014-10-07 - The Islamic State makes its way in Pakistan: Christians respond with prayer