ASIA/PAKISTAN - "Hope for a better future," the people gladly welcome the election of the newly elected Pope Francis
Lahore (Agenzia Fides) - "The whole Christian community in Pakistan was very happy for the election of the new Pope, a man of God and a deeply spiritual person" This is what was reported to Fides Agency by father Mushtaq Anjum, a Pakistani Camillian missionary, engaged in the Philippines in assisting the most disadvantaged. "A Pope who is from Latin America shows how the Church is truly universal" - the missionary continues. "In the Philippines, the population received the news with joy and great hope for the future," concludes Fr. Mushtaq. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 15/03/2013)
- 2014-11-20 - Violence against minorities: the governor of Punjab meets religious leaders
- 2014-11-19 - ASIA/PAKISTAN – From the Bishops a "Magna Charta" to the government: to curb religious intolerance
- 2014-11-18 - Christian and Muslim leaders: it is urgent to amend the blasphemy law
- 2014-11-17 - Christian arrested for blasphemy; investigation into the murder of Kasur continues
- 2014-11-14 - Blasphemy in Pakistan, data on victims: who will pay off all the suffering?
- 2014-11-13 - Christian and Muslim leaders: justice and prayer for the couple burned alive
- 2014-11-12 - The state has given the St. Francis school back to the Church
- 2014-11-10 - Christians protest: "Punish the muggers of Kasur and repeal the blasphemy law"
- 2014-11-07 - The families of the married coupe burned ask for justice, while investigations continue
- 2014-11-06 - The Justice and Peace Commission: "The government has failed in protecting its citizens"