AMERICA/ARGENTINA - The joy and the prayer of Pope Francis’ compatriots
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - The Archbishop of Santa Fe de la Vera Cruz and President of the Episcopal Conference of Argentina (CEA), His Exc. Mgr. José Maria Arancedo sent a note to the newly elected Pope Francis, in which he expresses the joy of the Bishops countrymen. "Dear George: Our joy comes from faith in Jesus Christ, the Lord of history, for having accepted to serve the Church as the successor of Peter. I entrust Your Ministry under the protection of Our Lady of Luján."
A note sent to Fides reports that Mgr. Arancedo also sent a letter to the Argentinean Bishops in which he asks to pray for Pope Francis: "I consider it appropriate that next Sunday we will hold a special intention of thanksgiving and prayer for the ministry which the Church has entrusted to our brother George, in all the Masses that will be held in our diocese." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/03/2013)
- 2014-12-19 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Bishops: "Working together to build a more fraternal Country"
- 2014-12-17 - Church and government meet again
- 2014-12-11 - Drug and human trafficking: "There are people who have money stained with blood in their pocket"
- 2014-11-28 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Debate on the mining law, the Bishops ask respect for the environment
- 2014-11-05 - The fight against drugs should be considered a State matter
- 2014-11-04 - Two thousand secondary school teachers gathered for the XII Education Forum
- 2014-10-30 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Drugs: "it is urgent to move from concern to action"
- 2014-10-28 - The Bishops' spot: where are the children who disappeared during the State terrorism?
- 2014-10-11 - During the debate on drugs, the government also looks at the position of Bishops
- 2014-10-09 - Strong commitment of the Diocese of Quilmes against human trafficking and related crimes