AMERICA/ARGENTINA - The joy and the prayer of Pope Francis’ compatriots
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - The Archbishop of Santa Fe de la Vera Cruz and President of the Episcopal Conference of Argentina (CEA), His Exc. Mgr. José Maria Arancedo sent a note to the newly elected Pope Francis, in which he expresses the joy of the Bishops countrymen. "Dear George: Our joy comes from faith in Jesus Christ, the Lord of history, for having accepted to serve the Church as the successor of Peter. I entrust Your Ministry under the protection of Our Lady of Luján."
A note sent to Fides reports that Mgr. Arancedo also sent a letter to the Argentinean Bishops in which he asks to pray for Pope Francis: "I consider it appropriate that next Sunday we will hold a special intention of thanksgiving and prayer for the ministry which the Church has entrusted to our brother George, in all the Masses that will be held in our diocese." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/03/2013)
- 2014-07-08 - After 38 years the killers of the Bishop who fought for hope and dignity have been condemned
- 2014-06-27 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Social Week begins, to promote "the culture of meeting"
- 2014-06-26 - A city in march against consumption and illicit drug trafficking
- 2014-06-25 - Bishops concerned about the national economic situation
- 2014-06-18 - A video against drugs: the Church launches a campaign on social networking sites
- 2014-05-28 - Church and civil authorities together for the safety of citizens
- 2014-05-26 - After 10 years, President Kirchner takes part in the Te Deum for the national holiday
- 2014-05-14 - "The country is sick of violence": proposal of Bishops to respond to this reality
- 2014-05-05 - Episcopal Assembly begins: "It is impossible to get used to drugs and violence"
- 2014-04-10 - For the Bishop of Posadas: "Lynchings, a serious social problem to be solved together"