ASIA/TURKEY - Block the election bodies that administer the Foundations linked to religious minorities
Ankara (Agenzia Fides) - The General Directorate of Foundations in Turkey in recent days sent a letter to the Foundation for Religious minorities with a request to suspend the election of their respective Boards of administrators until the approval and entry into force of the new Regulation concerning the rights and restrictions of management of the Foundations themselves. The letter of the Executive Board, announced by the Turkish press, uses obliging tones of the order and does not mention the timing regarding the approval of the new management rules. The lawyer of the foundations Cem Sofuoglu denounced the move as part of a strategy to weaken the weight and space of autonomy concerning the Foundations related to minorities.
Last January, the same General Directorate of the Foundations had announced on its official bulletin a radical program of review of procedures and statutes that govern the operation of foundations that are part of religious minorities. The restructuring was presented as necessary to end conflicts of interest within the same Foundations, sometimes monopolized by people interested in maintaining and defending their positions of income. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 08/03/2013).
- 2014-11-04 - Christian schools subsidized by the State increase
- 2014-10-27 - Armenians discuss the election of a new patriarch
- 2014-10-20 - Armenian community prays for ailing Patriarch
- 2014-10-03 - A prayer for the Pope's visit
- 2014-10-02 - Documents of the Turkish Institute of History on the Armenian question online
- 2014-10-01 - The Armenian Catholicos announces it will file an appeal to retrieve the properties of the ancient Sis
- 2014-09-15 - ASIA/TURKEY – In school books Christian communities portrayed as tools of foreign powers against the Ottoman empire
- 2014-06-24 - The restoration of the cave church of St. Peter in Antioch is almost complete
- 2014-06-04 - 779 people have converted to Islam so far this year, mostly from Christianity
- 2014-05-31 - ASIA/TURKEY – Mobilisation to reconvert Ayasofya Musem back into a mosque