ASIA/TURKEY - Block the election bodies that administer the Foundations linked to religious minorities
Ankara (Agenzia Fides) - The General Directorate of Foundations in Turkey in recent days sent a letter to the Foundation for Religious minorities with a request to suspend the election of their respective Boards of administrators until the approval and entry into force of the new Regulation concerning the rights and restrictions of management of the Foundations themselves. The letter of the Executive Board, announced by the Turkish press, uses obliging tones of the order and does not mention the timing regarding the approval of the new management rules. The lawyer of the foundations Cem Sofuoglu denounced the move as part of a strategy to weaken the weight and space of autonomy concerning the Foundations related to minorities.
Last January, the same General Directorate of the Foundations had announced on its official bulletin a radical program of review of procedures and statutes that govern the operation of foundations that are part of religious minorities. The restructuring was presented as necessary to end conflicts of interest within the same Foundations, sometimes monopolized by people interested in maintaining and defending their positions of income. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 08/03/2013).
- 2013-05-08 ASIA/TURKEY - A "Turkish plan" for Syriac Christians?
- 2013-04-09 ASIA/TURKEY - Mass influx of Assyrian Christians fleeing the Syrian conflict
- 2013-03-08 ASIA/TURKEY - Block the election bodies that administer the Foundations linked to religious minorities
- 2013-02-27 ASIA/TURKEY - A Protestant Pastor expelled, another escaped an attack
- 2013-01-24 ASIA/TURKEY - The Turkish authorities restructure the Foundations linked to religious minorities
- 2013-01-04 ASIA/TURKEY - The campaign to regain the relics of St. Nicholas of Myra restarts
- 2012-12-18 ASIA/TURKEY - Catholic Bishops’ spokesman controverts the Turkish press on "Vatican Archives and the Armenian Issue"
- 2012-05-30 ASIA/TURKEY - Prime Minister Erdogan. "Abortion is murder, yes to the law to abolish it"
- 2012-05-10 ASIA/TURKEY - Distorted translation of the Gospel, to make it "close to Muslims"-Christians protest
- 2012-04-17 ASIA/TURKEY - The Churches: may the new Constitution be "like a mother who embraces all her children"