ASIA/TURKEY - Block the election bodies that administer the Foundations linked to religious minorities
Ankara (Agenzia Fides) - The General Directorate of Foundations in Turkey in recent days sent a letter to the Foundation for Religious minorities with a request to suspend the election of their respective Boards of administrators until the approval and entry into force of the new Regulation concerning the rights and restrictions of management of the Foundations themselves. The letter of the Executive Board, announced by the Turkish press, uses obliging tones of the order and does not mention the timing regarding the approval of the new management rules. The lawyer of the foundations Cem Sofuoglu denounced the move as part of a strategy to weaken the weight and space of autonomy concerning the Foundations related to minorities.
Last January, the same General Directorate of the Foundations had announced on its official bulletin a radical program of review of procedures and statutes that govern the operation of foundations that are part of religious minorities. The restructuring was presented as necessary to end conflicts of interest within the same Foundations, sometimes monopolized by people interested in maintaining and defending their positions of income. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 08/03/2013).
- 2015-11-18 - "Religious culture" exam for Armenian students
- 2015-11-10 - The institutional impasse for religious minority Foundations
- 2015-11-09 - The dispute regarding the lands of "Kamp Armen" continues
- 2015-11-03 - Properties returned to the churches after legal diputes
- 2015-10-05 - Minority schools are likely to close due to lack of pupils
- 2015-09-09 - An art exhibition and a film about the Armenian Genocide
- 2015-05-08 - Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew convenes the second Summit of Halki on environment
- 2015-05-07 - The demolition of Kamp Armen has started, former Armenian orphanage in Istanbul
- 2015-04-28 - Armenian Catholicos Aram I appeals to the Turkish Constitutional Court for the return of properties to the Catholicosate
- 2015-04-20 - Advisor of the Turkish prime minister who had spoken of the Armenian Genocide has resigned