ASIA/CHINA – Itinerant priest in remote communities
Beijing (Agenzia Fides) - Several Catholic communities in mainland China have created the figure of the itinerant priest during Lent. According to what Faith of He Bei said, the priests of the diocese of Bayanur Meng (Shanba) of Inner Mongolia went in remote communities of the diocese to celebrate the Eucharist, to carry out catechesis and spiritual direction to the faithful. From February 17 to 21, the community of Tian Xing Quan, which has over 800 faithful but normally only managed by two nuns, welcomed a priest, who for 4 days celebrated the Mass and the sacrament of reconciliation for these simple but devoted peasants.
In the parish of San Sheng Gong from 13 to 17 February a Lenten retreat was held, which was attended by three 200 faithful. This was only possible thanks to a group of itinerant priests. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 07/03/2013)
- 2013-12-11 ASIA/CHINA - Celebration of the Immaculate Conception in all Chinese Catholic communities
- 2013-11-25 ASIA/CHINA - The Sisters of the Diocese of Su Zhou end the Year of Faith with a pilgrimage
- 2013-11-21 ASIA/CHINA - Course on faith formation for 90 catechists of Si Chuan province
- 2013-11-18 ASIA/CHINA - Closing of the Year of Faith in the diocese of Yi Bin with a commitment to continue to spread Lumen Fidei
- 2013-11-13 ASIA/CHINA - Mourning in the Episcopate
- 2013-11-08 ASIA/CHINA – To leave the congregation to go to the suburbs: bicycle pilgrimage for 37 nuns
- 2013-11-06 ASIA/CHINA - "Special" pilgrims in the parish of Yi Xing Fu
- 2013-10-31 ASIA/CHINA - Faith and service to people with mental disabilities: a parallel and complementary path for Huiling
- 2013-10-24 ASIA/CHINA - "Let us run for the poor" at the Beijing Marathon 2013
- 2013-10-10 ASIA/CHINA - "Faith is the happiness that God has given us"