AMERICA/MEXICO – A 13-year-old hired assassin killed: the local Bishop’s appeal to families
Zacatecas (Agenzia Fides) - "The State must do its part as well as the Church and especially the family must sow values," said Mgr. Sigifredo Noriega Barceló, Bishop of the diocese of Zacatecas. "In these times of change, of violence, we must review the dignity of the person and not lose the values that must be sown in the family" he reiterated at the news of the murder of a 13-year-old boy, accused of being a hired assassin.
According to the local press, the minor had been stopped by the police on February 4 for having killed at least 10 people, but released a few hours later because the State law of Zacatecas cannot detain a child under 14 years of age.
After this terrible deed, the State Attorney, Arturo Nahle Garcia, proposed to revise the minimum age to penalize young people, because he himself had described the teenager as extremely dangerous and was against the idea of releasing him.
Violence in Mexico does not stop in the area of Zacatecas, only during this past weekend the bodies of 10 people killed were found. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/03/2013)
AMERICA/MEXICO – A 13
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"
- 2015-01-27 - Child labor: 2 million and a half working children
- 2015-01-26 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Central America discuss the issue regarding assistance to migrants
- 2015-01-19 - Bishop of Zacatecas: The closure of mines is everyone’s problem
- 2015-01-17 - "We must stop violent groups", said Bishop Gallardo
- 2015-01-16 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Guerrero appreciate the good will of the army
- 2015-01-16 - The New Testament in Tsotsil language in the pipeline
- 2015-01-14 - Corruption: a serious disease that has infected all
- 2015-01-09 - The priests of Guerrero "continue to preach the Gospel as always" despite threats and blackmail,
- 2015-01-07 - "The jungle law" does not stop theft