AMERICA/MEXICO – A 13-year-old hired assassin killed: the local Bishop’s appeal to families
Zacatecas (Agenzia Fides) - "The State must do its part as well as the Church and especially the family must sow values," said Mgr. Sigifredo Noriega Barceló, Bishop of the diocese of Zacatecas. "In these times of change, of violence, we must review the dignity of the person and not lose the values that must be sown in the family" he reiterated at the news of the murder of a 13-year-old boy, accused of being a hired assassin.
According to the local press, the minor had been stopped by the police on February 4 for having killed at least 10 people, but released a few hours later because the State law of Zacatecas cannot detain a child under 14 years of age.
After this terrible deed, the State Attorney, Arturo Nahle Garcia, proposed to revise the minimum age to penalize young people, because he himself had described the teenager as extremely dangerous and was against the idea of releasing him.
Violence in Mexico does not stop in the area of Zacatecas, only during this past weekend the bodies of 10 people killed were found. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/03/2013)
AMERICA/MEXICO – A 13
- 2014-12-15 - The Church reminds authorities that they even have to respond to the law for their actions
- 2014-12-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Conclusion of the 10th "Caravan of hope": 9 missing migrants found
- 2014-12-10 - The Church close to the families of the missing students and engaged in proposing solutions
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – After14 years ordination of 9 Indigenous permanent deacons
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Young man dies to obtain justice
- 2014-12-06 - Bishop of Torreón calls for “more proposals and less protests to achieve peace”
- 2014-12-03 - Bishop Alba: "We cannot allow criminals steal our streets, steal our peace"
- 2014-11-29 - After improvised lessons in the street, minors are forced to bring chairs in a house used as a school every day
- 2014-11-29 - Students missing: "The authorities must clarify the situation", said the Bishop of Tlaxcala
- 2014-11-28 - From the first Sunday of Advent: Twelve Days of Prayer for Peace