AMERICA/MEXICO – A 13-year-old hired assassin killed: the local Bishop’s appeal to families
Zacatecas (Agenzia Fides) - "The State must do its part as well as the Church and especially the family must sow values," said Mgr. Sigifredo Noriega Barceló, Bishop of the diocese of Zacatecas. "In these times of change, of violence, we must review the dignity of the person and not lose the values that must be sown in the family" he reiterated at the news of the murder of a 13-year-old boy, accused of being a hired assassin.
According to the local press, the minor had been stopped by the police on February 4 for having killed at least 10 people, but released a few hours later because the State law of Zacatecas cannot detain a child under 14 years of age.
After this terrible deed, the State Attorney, Arturo Nahle Garcia, proposed to revise the minimum age to penalize young people, because he himself had described the teenager as extremely dangerous and was against the idea of releasing him.
Violence in Mexico does not stop in the area of Zacatecas, only during this past weekend the bodies of 10 people killed were found. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/03/2013)
AMERICA/MEXICO – A 13
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination
- 2015-05-13 - Tarahumara children sleep in schools so they are not forced to walk five hours
- 2015-05-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – When will violence be stopped?
- 2015-05-11 - Mgr. Armendáriz to candidates: "We want proposals rather than promises"
- 2015-05-06 - The monumental image of the "Cristo de las Noas" will be donated to the diocese of Torreon
- 2015-04-30 - Toys, sweets, clothes, shoes: collection in favor of the more vulnerable indigenous children
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States