AMERICA/MEXICO – A 13-year-old hired assassin killed: the local Bishop’s appeal to families
Zacatecas (Agenzia Fides) - "The State must do its part as well as the Church and especially the family must sow values," said Mgr. Sigifredo Noriega Barceló, Bishop of the diocese of Zacatecas. "In these times of change, of violence, we must review the dignity of the person and not lose the values that must be sown in the family" he reiterated at the news of the murder of a 13-year-old boy, accused of being a hired assassin.
According to the local press, the minor had been stopped by the police on February 4 for having killed at least 10 people, but released a few hours later because the State law of Zacatecas cannot detain a child under 14 years of age.
After this terrible deed, the State Attorney, Arturo Nahle Garcia, proposed to revise the minimum age to penalize young people, because he himself had described the teenager as extremely dangerous and was against the idea of releasing him.
Violence in Mexico does not stop in the area of Zacatecas, only during this past weekend the bodies of 10 people killed were found. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/03/2013)
AMERICA/MEXICO – A 13
- 2015-07-02 - A recreational project for indigenous children of different ethnicities
- 2015-07-02 - Widespread violence does not spare even three elderly nuns
- 2015-06-25 - Periodic monitoring of the situation of migrants, joint efforts of government and Church
- 2015-06-15 - Bishop of Mazatlan’s appeal after the violence perpetrated during the weekend
- 2015-06-13 - A card to distinguish true priests from false priests
- 2015-06-11 - The Bishops invite the winners of the elections to fulfil the promises made
- 2015-05-28 - The churches of Piedras Negras become centers of aid to people affected by the tornado
- 2015-05-27 - Tornado among the strongest recorded in the country affects Ciudad Acuña: 14 deaths and massive damage
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination