AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Education in the faith in schools: commitment of teachers
Rosario (Agenzia Fides) – The Archbishop of Rosario, Archbishop José Luis Mollaghan, has urged the local community of teachers and educators to give special attention "to education in the faith in schools in the archdiocese". Fides was informed that the Archbishop underlined the need for schools and other educative institutes to reflect on the significance of the Year of the Faith, proclaimed by Pope Benedict XVI, : by re-reading the Catechism of the Catholic Church – he said - we can overcome together some of the difficulties encountered in education to the faith.
According to a note sent to Fides by students of the Catholic University of Argentina, Archbishop Mollaghan spoke during the 16th Archdiocesan Course in Catholic Education, held recently, whose participants included civil and religious authorities and professors of the Universidad Católica Argentina (UCA). Addressing some 600 teachers present the archbishop said: "Teaching is a difficult task. The role of the school cannot be restricted to giving information or communicating this or that ability. We must be aware of our duty to educate in the faith". (CE) (Agenzia Fides, 22/02/2013)
- 2015-08-31 - Meeting of the PMS of Cone sur: from Ad Gentes to Evangelii Gaudium
- 2015-08-18 - “They steal not only the people’s money but also their hope” Bishop Lozano denounces
- 2015-08-05 - Argentina recalls the murder of Mgr. Angelelli who opposed to dictatorship
- 2015-07-22 - "Bring Christ to families": hundreds of young people on a mission to Goya
- 2015-07-21 - "Mission, a way of life": towards the fourth National Meeting of Missionary Groups
- 2015-07-15 - Nearly 30 percent of Argentines live in a situation of poverty
- 2015-07-10 - The Archbishop of Tucuman denounces: laws that violate the rights and freedom of conscience, attacks against the Church, a climate of fear
- 2015-06-24 - Bishop of Jujuy: "We need the State’s strong support against drugs"
- 2015-06-18 - The first Congress on intercultural and interreligious dialogue
- 2015-06-12 - "We are concerned about the new poor", said Mgr. Ojea, head of Caritas