AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Education in the faith in schools: commitment of teachers
Rosario (Agenzia Fides) – The Archbishop of Rosario, Archbishop José Luis Mollaghan, has urged the local community of teachers and educators to give special attention "to education in the faith in schools in the archdiocese". Fides was informed that the Archbishop underlined the need for schools and other educative institutes to reflect on the significance of the Year of the Faith, proclaimed by Pope Benedict XVI, : by re-reading the Catechism of the Catholic Church – he said - we can overcome together some of the difficulties encountered in education to the faith.
According to a note sent to Fides by students of the Catholic University of Argentina, Archbishop Mollaghan spoke during the 16th Archdiocesan Course in Catholic Education, held recently, whose participants included civil and religious authorities and professors of the Universidad Católica Argentina (UCA). Addressing some 600 teachers present the archbishop said: "Teaching is a difficult task. The role of the school cannot be restricted to giving information or communicating this or that ability. We must be aware of our duty to educate in the faith". (CE) (Agenzia Fides, 22/02/2013)
- 2015-09-24 - Over 40% of the poor in the capital is under 14 years of age
- 2015-09-23 - Argentinean missionary animators of "mission houses" in Cuba, a testimony
- 2015-09-15 - One death due to malnutrition every 10 hours, 2 out of 10 children do not have adequate food
- 2015-09-14 - The Bishops: malnutrition and poverty in the country, a "terrible reality"
- 2015-09-10 - "Cura Gaucho" on the path towards canonization, the people of Villa Cura Brochero celebrate
- 2015-09-02 - National Biblical campaign on the 50th anniversary of the "Dei Verbum"
- 2015-09-01 - "We cannot accept violence, we have to react": the Archbishop of Cordoba at the funeral of the murdered priest
- 2015-08-31 - Meeting of the PMS of Cone sur: from Ad Gentes to Evangelii Gaudium
- 2015-08-18 - “They steal not only the people’s money but also their hope” Bishop Lozano denounces
- 2015-08-05 - Argentina recalls the murder of Mgr. Angelelli who opposed to dictatorship