AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Education in the faith in schools: commitment of teachers
Rosario (Agenzia Fides) – The Archbishop of Rosario, Archbishop José Luis Mollaghan, has urged the local community of teachers and educators to give special attention "to education in the faith in schools in the archdiocese". Fides was informed that the Archbishop underlined the need for schools and other educative institutes to reflect on the significance of the Year of the Faith, proclaimed by Pope Benedict XVI, : by re-reading the Catechism of the Catholic Church – he said - we can overcome together some of the difficulties encountered in education to the faith.
According to a note sent to Fides by students of the Catholic University of Argentina, Archbishop Mollaghan spoke during the 16th Archdiocesan Course in Catholic Education, held recently, whose participants included civil and religious authorities and professors of the Universidad Católica Argentina (UCA). Addressing some 600 teachers present the archbishop said: "Teaching is a difficult task. The role of the school cannot be restricted to giving information or communicating this or that ability. We must be aware of our duty to educate in the faith". (CE) (Agenzia Fides, 22/02/2013)
- 2014-12-19 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Bishops: "Working together to build a more fraternal Country"
- 2014-12-17 - Church and government meet again
- 2014-12-11 - Drug and human trafficking: "There are people who have money stained with blood in their pocket"
- 2014-11-28 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Debate on the mining law, the Bishops ask respect for the environment
- 2014-11-05 - The fight against drugs should be considered a State matter
- 2014-11-04 - Two thousand secondary school teachers gathered for the XII Education Forum
- 2014-10-30 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Drugs: "it is urgent to move from concern to action"
- 2014-10-28 - The Bishops' spot: where are the children who disappeared during the State terrorism?
- 2014-10-11 - During the debate on drugs, the government also looks at the position of Bishops
- 2014-10-09 - Strong commitment of the Diocese of Quilmes against human trafficking and related crimes