AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Education in the faith in schools: commitment of teachers
Rosario (Agenzia Fides) – The Archbishop of Rosario, Archbishop José Luis Mollaghan, has urged the local community of teachers and educators to give special attention "to education in the faith in schools in the archdiocese". Fides was informed that the Archbishop underlined the need for schools and other educative institutes to reflect on the significance of the Year of the Faith, proclaimed by Pope Benedict XVI, : by re-reading the Catechism of the Catholic Church – he said - we can overcome together some of the difficulties encountered in education to the faith.
According to a note sent to Fides by students of the Catholic University of Argentina, Archbishop Mollaghan spoke during the 16th Archdiocesan Course in Catholic Education, held recently, whose participants included civil and religious authorities and professors of the Universidad Católica Argentina (UCA). Addressing some 600 teachers present the archbishop said: "Teaching is a difficult task. The role of the school cannot be restricted to giving information or communicating this or that ability. We must be aware of our duty to educate in the faith". (CE) (Agenzia Fides, 22/02/2013)
- 2015-03-11 - 400 years of evangelization in Posadas: "we share the joy of evangelizing"
- 2015-03-04 - "God did not create borders": for 65 years a Mass for brotherhood between Chile and Argentina
- 2015-02-17 - During Lent let us assess our spirit of mission: message from Archbishop Arancedo
- 2015-02-14 - Mgr. Buenanueva:"We need good quality citizens"
- 2015-02-12 - Mgr. Lozano denounces: deaths due to child malnutrition in the country
- 2015-01-22 - Nisman case: Bishops: "the people want the truth"
- 2015-01-15 - Divine Word Missionaries from Asia, Africa and Oceania work in Argentina
- 2015-01-09 - Tuberculosis and Chagas disease out of control in the Chaco
- 2014-12-23 - Church and government for the common good and peace of the country
- 2014-12-19 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Bishops: "Working together to build a more fraternal Country"