AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Education in the faith in schools: commitment of teachers
Rosario (Agenzia Fides) – The Archbishop of Rosario, Archbishop José Luis Mollaghan, has urged the local community of teachers and educators to give special attention "to education in the faith in schools in the archdiocese". Fides was informed that the Archbishop underlined the need for schools and other educative institutes to reflect on the significance of the Year of the Faith, proclaimed by Pope Benedict XVI, : by re-reading the Catechism of the Catholic Church – he said - we can overcome together some of the difficulties encountered in education to the faith.
According to a note sent to Fides by students of the Catholic University of Argentina, Archbishop Mollaghan spoke during the 16th Archdiocesan Course in Catholic Education, held recently, whose participants included civil and religious authorities and professors of the Universidad Católica Argentina (UCA). Addressing some 600 teachers present the archbishop said: "Teaching is a difficult task. The role of the school cannot be restricted to giving information or communicating this or that ability. We must be aware of our duty to educate in the faith". (CE) (Agenzia Fides, 22/02/2013)
- 2015-05-28 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Child nutrition, drugs and poverty: meeting of Bishops and authorities of Buenos Aires
- 2015-05-26 - The Church's message for the National holiday: no to hatred, play politics with moral integrity
- 2015-05-20 - Half a million families with serious addictions to alcohol and drugs
- 2015-05-18 - First Report on the scourge of drugs prepared by UCA
- 2015-05-08 - Missionary dimension and social problems: meeting of the clergy of Patagonia
- 2015-05-02 - First parish dedicated to Juan Diego
- 2015-04-08 - "Can one sing the Alleluia in the world we live in?"
- 2015-03-11 - 400 years of evangelization in Posadas: "we share the joy of evangelizing"
- 2015-03-04 - "God did not create borders": for 65 years a Mass for brotherhood between Chile and Argentina
- 2015-02-17 - During Lent let us assess our spirit of mission: message from Archbishop Arancedo