AMERICA/BRAZIL - Protagonists of a strategic development: young people in the Fraternity Campaign 2013
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - "We are 25% of Brazil's population, about 50 million people, immersed in a digital world, lacking public policies that see young people not only as a problem or a transition group, but as protagonists of a strategic development. We must promote youth policies that see youth as an active subject of law," said Rodrigo Crivelaro, president of the Municipal Council of the youth of Santa Barbara Oest (SP) and representative of the Youth Pastoral (PJ), on the occasion of the launch of the Fraternity Campaign 2013.
A note sent to Fides by the PMS in Brazil, reports that the Fraternity Campaign 2013, under the slogan "Brotherhood and Youth", was presented by the Secretary of the National Conference of Bishops of Brazil, Msg. Leonardo Ulrich Steiner as a "Lenten march ", a period of personal and communal conversion. Msg. Ulrich Steiner, said that this initiative which started in 1964 in the Archdiocese of Natal (RN) has "become a journey of personal, community and social conversion, and proposes issues of great importance for the Church and the Brazilian society."
The Brotherhood Campaign 2013 falls into a special context for the preparation, in all the dioceses of the XXVII World Youth Day to be held in July in Rio de Janeiro. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/02/2013)
- 2015-11-25 - National school feeding program to improve the living conditions of children and farmers
- 2015-11-23 - The presence of foreign missionaries enriches the Church in Brazil
- 2015-11-13 - Two more religious missionary nuns sent to Haiti: they will help children, youth and families
- 2015-10-30 - Bishops' message: Crisis in the country worsens, dialogue and democracy are needed
- 2015-10-20 - "Scalabrinian Mission": opening of a new reception center for refugees in Sao Paulo
- 2015-10-14 - "The wealth of Brazil should be better distributed" asks Mgr. Nicioli
- 2015-10-10 - The Church: it is urgent to save abandoned children and adolescents who have disappeared
- 2015-09-16 - "How many people have to die before they have justice?", since 1983 at least 50 indigenous leaders have been killed
- 2015-09-15 - Preparation for World Mission Sunday 2015 begins
- 2015-09-14 - Early Marriages: still half a million young newlyweds between 15 to 17 years of age