AMERICA/BRAZIL - Protagonists of a strategic development: young people in the Fraternity Campaign 2013
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - "We are 25% of Brazil's population, about 50 million people, immersed in a digital world, lacking public policies that see young people not only as a problem or a transition group, but as protagonists of a strategic development. We must promote youth policies that see youth as an active subject of law," said Rodrigo Crivelaro, president of the Municipal Council of the youth of Santa Barbara Oest (SP) and representative of the Youth Pastoral (PJ), on the occasion of the launch of the Fraternity Campaign 2013.
A note sent to Fides by the PMS in Brazil, reports that the Fraternity Campaign 2013, under the slogan "Brotherhood and Youth", was presented by the Secretary of the National Conference of Bishops of Brazil, Msg. Leonardo Ulrich Steiner as a "Lenten march ", a period of personal and communal conversion. Msg. Ulrich Steiner, said that this initiative which started in 1964 in the Archdiocese of Natal (RN) has "become a journey of personal, community and social conversion, and proposes issues of great importance for the Church and the Brazilian society."
The Brotherhood Campaign 2013 falls into a special context for the preparation, in all the dioceses of the XXVII World Youth Day to be held in July in Rio de Janeiro. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/02/2013)
- 2015-07-01 - The indifference of the state in the face of a situation of injustice denounced by the Bishop of Dourados
- 2015-06-25 - More than 20,000 people every week prepare themselves for the feast of Our Lady of Perpetual Help
- 2015-06-23 - Report of CIMI: suicide and infant mortality are decimating the indigenous population
- 2015-06-16 - On the border between Peru and Bolivia, crossroads of migrants
- 2015-06-16 - "No to prejudice, yes to rights and participation": week of Migrants
- 2015-06-10 - From Haiti to Brazil in the hands of human traffickers, with the hope of a better future
- 2015-05-27 - Bishops’ refelection: "Thinking Brazil", social inequalities in Brazil
- 2015-05-22 - More than 630,000 signatures for political Reform and transparent elections
- 2015-05-02 - Bishops' Message for May 1st: "We cannot live with slave labor"
- 2015-04-29 - "They kill to intimidate": another indigenous leader killed, the complaint of CIMI