AMERICA/BRAZIL - Protagonists of a strategic development: young people in the Fraternity Campaign 2013
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - "We are 25% of Brazil's population, about 50 million people, immersed in a digital world, lacking public policies that see young people not only as a problem or a transition group, but as protagonists of a strategic development. We must promote youth policies that see youth as an active subject of law," said Rodrigo Crivelaro, president of the Municipal Council of the youth of Santa Barbara Oest (SP) and representative of the Youth Pastoral (PJ), on the occasion of the launch of the Fraternity Campaign 2013.
A note sent to Fides by the PMS in Brazil, reports that the Fraternity Campaign 2013, under the slogan "Brotherhood and Youth", was presented by the Secretary of the National Conference of Bishops of Brazil, Msg. Leonardo Ulrich Steiner as a "Lenten march ", a period of personal and communal conversion. Msg. Ulrich Steiner, said that this initiative which started in 1964 in the Archdiocese of Natal (RN) has "become a journey of personal, community and social conversion, and proposes issues of great importance for the Church and the Brazilian society."
The Brotherhood Campaign 2013 falls into a special context for the preparation, in all the dioceses of the XXVII World Youth Day to be held in July in Rio de Janeiro. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/02/2013)
- 2014-07-23 - Mission to relieve: a challenge for evangelization; the Missionary Campaign 2014 begins
- 2014-07-18 - The first "National Catholic Congress online" for those working in the field of evangelization
- 2014-07-16 - A photo exhibition on the 33 years of fighting for the rights of indigenous peoples arrives in Manaus
- 2014-07-04 - "Immediate answers concerning the issue of immigrants are urgently needed"
- 2014-06-30 - Exploitation of children: from the World Cup to the Winter Olympics 2016
- 2014-06-24 - "Mission to relieve" the missionary campaign against human trafficking in persons
- 2014-06-23 - The tragedy of child prostitution behind the glitz of the World Cup
- 2014-06-17 - Social inclusion and missionary work, the commitment of the Church in Brazil for Haiti continues
- 2014-06-12 - The World Cup begins with a "Red Card to Child Labour"
- 2014-06-11 - "The only goal that matters is the demarcation of our lands", say the indigenous