AFRICA/ETHIOPIA - The Apostolic Prefect of Robe to the faithful: "Let us show how much we love and we care about our Mother Church"
Robe (Agenzia Fides) - On February 11, on the same day as the Apostolic Prefecture of Robe celebrated the first anniversary of its erection, the Holy Father Benedict XVI comunicated his resignation as Supreme Pontiff of the Catholic Church. There was an immediate reaction of the Apostolic Prefect, Father Angelo Antolini, who wanted to share his thoughts with the Catholic faithful of Robe. In the note sent to Fides Agency, Fr Angelo writes: "At first we were shocked, but then, when we read the Pope’s message and the reason why he resigned, we felt proud to be part of this wonderful Church Catholic for the great evangelical teaching that the Holy Father wanted to convey with his gesture." "My dear brothers and sisters – continues the Apostolic Prefect speaking to the faithful - this time for us is of intense prayer and fasting. Let us ask the Holy Spirit to guide the Cardinals in the choice of the new Pope. We all feel the need for renewal, a sort of re-foundation of our communities to meet the challenges of the world. The path is the intensity of prayer and conversion. I ask all priests, religious and faithful, to dedicate a special moment of prayer every day for the election of the new Pope ". " My dear brothers and sisters, - concludes Fr Angelo – let us commit ourselves to showing with life how much we love our Mother Church."(AP) (Agenzia Fides 13/02/2013)
- 2015-01-09 - Cardinal-designate Souraphiel: "I will work for the Church so that it obtains the observer status in the African Union"
- 2014-12-11 - "I saw the urgency of the first evangelization with my own eyes" says a Fidei Donum priest
- 2014-12-02 - A more functional school for 4000 children in one of the poorest regions of the Country
- 2014-08-11 - Blessing of the nutritional and educational center in the Somali region of the Country
- 2014-07-05 - AFRICA/ETHIOPIA – Healthcare and mobile school services for nomad pastoralists
- 2014-06-27 - Poverty and hunger, the consequences of an unjust economic system
- 2014-05-27 - AFRICA/ETHIOPIA – More support and availability for 15 million children, adults and elders with disabilities
- 2014-05-22 - Project for defeating forms of avoidable blindness affecting millions of Ethiopians
- 2014-05-19 - AFRICA/ETHIOPIA – Missionary children evangelize their peers with the first Bible in Oromo language
- 2014-05-16 - Drinking water to save refugees and children from death and disease