AFRICA/ETHIOPIA - The Apostolic Prefect of Robe to the faithful: "Let us show how much we love and we care about our Mother Church"
Robe (Agenzia Fides) - On February 11, on the same day as the Apostolic Prefecture of Robe celebrated the first anniversary of its erection, the Holy Father Benedict XVI comunicated his resignation as Supreme Pontiff of the Catholic Church. There was an immediate reaction of the Apostolic Prefect, Father Angelo Antolini, who wanted to share his thoughts with the Catholic faithful of Robe. In the note sent to Fides Agency, Fr Angelo writes: "At first we were shocked, but then, when we read the Pope’s message and the reason why he resigned, we felt proud to be part of this wonderful Church Catholic for the great evangelical teaching that the Holy Father wanted to convey with his gesture." "My dear brothers and sisters – continues the Apostolic Prefect speaking to the faithful - this time for us is of intense prayer and fasting. Let us ask the Holy Spirit to guide the Cardinals in the choice of the new Pope. We all feel the need for renewal, a sort of re-foundation of our communities to meet the challenges of the world. The path is the intensity of prayer and conversion. I ask all priests, religious and faithful, to dedicate a special moment of prayer every day for the election of the new Pope ". " My dear brothers and sisters, - concludes Fr Angelo – let us commit ourselves to showing with life how much we love our Mother Church."(AP) (Agenzia Fides 13/02/2013)
- 2015-10-30 - Project for women and vulnerable children in the Somali region
- 2015-10-19 - The Bishop Emeritus who chose the mission: "A simple missionary, without any other titles"
- 2015-09-24 - The Episcopal Conferences of Africa obtain observer status at the African Union
- 2015-09-21 - The story of a missionary: "Making Jesus present among poor people who struggle to get by"
- 2015-08-24 - Caritas builds four schools for 4,800 South Sudanese refugees
- 2015-07-31 - “Print your Future” : Graphic Art for very vulnerable young people
- 2015-04-24 - The Bishops: "We plead to the human traffickers who are tricking the youth to leave their country through illegal means to stop their acts"
- 2015-04-14 - Easter resurrection and the birth of twins in one of the most forgotten areas in the world
- 2015-03-11 - A primary school for children in Hosanna
- 2015-02-24 - AFRICA/ETHIOPIA – First step for a representative of the Catholic Church at the African Union