AFRICA/ETHIOPIA - The Apostolic Prefect of Robe to the faithful: "Let us show how much we love and we care about our Mother Church"
Robe (Agenzia Fides) - On February 11, on the same day as the Apostolic Prefecture of Robe celebrated the first anniversary of its erection, the Holy Father Benedict XVI comunicated his resignation as Supreme Pontiff of the Catholic Church. There was an immediate reaction of the Apostolic Prefect, Father Angelo Antolini, who wanted to share his thoughts with the Catholic faithful of Robe. In the note sent to Fides Agency, Fr Angelo writes: "At first we were shocked, but then, when we read the Pope’s message and the reason why he resigned, we felt proud to be part of this wonderful Church Catholic for the great evangelical teaching that the Holy Father wanted to convey with his gesture." "My dear brothers and sisters – continues the Apostolic Prefect speaking to the faithful - this time for us is of intense prayer and fasting. Let us ask the Holy Spirit to guide the Cardinals in the choice of the new Pope. We all feel the need for renewal, a sort of re-foundation of our communities to meet the challenges of the world. The path is the intensity of prayer and conversion. I ask all priests, religious and faithful, to dedicate a special moment of prayer every day for the election of the new Pope ". " My dear brothers and sisters, - concludes Fr Angelo – let us commit ourselves to showing with life how much we love our Mother Church."(AP) (Agenzia Fides 13/02/2013)
- 2014-03-21 - Emergency in Ethiopia for tens of thousands of South Sudanese refugees
- 2014-03-14 - The first Mass celebrated in Dallo Manna, in the house of a lay missionary
- 2014-03-04 - The only Catholic presence in the boundless Somali region of Ogaden
- 2013-12-11 - Inauguration of a new Catholic church for the small community of faithful in Herero
- 2013-08-01 - In the small community of Kofale mission begins thanks to children
- 2013-05-29 - Eritrean refugees protest against the regime in Asmara
- 2013-05-21 - The "invisible" children of the continent are deprived of their rights
- 2013-04-30 - The Catholic Church in Ethiopia is a small reality appreciated by all
- 2013-03-22 - Conflicts, floods, migration leading causes of early school drop-out
- 2013-02-13 - The Apostolic Prefect of Robe to the faithful: "Let us show how much we love and we care about our Mother Church"