ASIA/CHINA - The Chinese New Year lived in the spirit of evangelization
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) - Welcoming the Chinese New Year by committing to a project of evangelization and spiritual prayer, Bible reading, meditation, spreading the faith and active participation in the life of the ecclesial community: is what marked the celebration of the Catholic Chinese community. According to what was reported to Fides Agency by Faith of He Bei, in all the parishes and ecclesial base communities a solemn Mass of thanksgiving, with extraordinary participation of the faithful was celebrated.
The Cathedral of the diocese of Xi An welcomed the new year following the exhortation of the priest: "we need to develop our spiritual project for the new year so that our evangelization has further success." The Cathedral of the Diocese of Wen Zhou in Zhe Jiang province, was filled with the faithful during New Year's Eve, on February 9, and the morning of 10 February, for the Eucharist. During the homily, the priest stressed the presence of so many young, new faces from the usual loyal faithful, encouraging their attendance at church and Sunday school.
For the faithful of the parish of the Immaculate Conception of the Diocese of Nan Jing in Jiang Su province, it was a special New Year's Eve, not only because there was the inauguration of the new church restored, but also because a priest in the new church was ordained.
The faithful of the village of Du Lou in Jin Yang district, in the province of Shan Dong, "entered the New Lunar Year with evangelization", as confirmed by the pastor, "Let us start together another new process of evangelization of the Year of the Faith, let us witness our faith all together." (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 12/02/2013)
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
- 2014-06-09 - Baptisms and confirmations on the Solemnity of Pentecost, a new impetus to mission
- 2014-05-26 - 20 000 baptisms celebrated at Easter in the Catholic community in mainland China
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent
- 2014-03-07 - The women of Zi Gong: active in the Church and in society, following the example of Mary
- 2014-03-04 - ASIA/CHINA – The formation of the laity in view of Lent intensifies
- 2014-02-27 - ASIA/CHINA – Eucharistic adoration and sobriety: message from Han Dan diocese for the new year