ASIA/CHINA - The Chinese New Year lived in the spirit of evangelization
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) - Welcoming the Chinese New Year by committing to a project of evangelization and spiritual prayer, Bible reading, meditation, spreading the faith and active participation in the life of the ecclesial community: is what marked the celebration of the Catholic Chinese community. According to what was reported to Fides Agency by Faith of He Bei, in all the parishes and ecclesial base communities a solemn Mass of thanksgiving, with extraordinary participation of the faithful was celebrated.
The Cathedral of the diocese of Xi An welcomed the new year following the exhortation of the priest: "we need to develop our spiritual project for the new year so that our evangelization has further success." The Cathedral of the Diocese of Wen Zhou in Zhe Jiang province, was filled with the faithful during New Year's Eve, on February 9, and the morning of 10 February, for the Eucharist. During the homily, the priest stressed the presence of so many young, new faces from the usual loyal faithful, encouraging their attendance at church and Sunday school.
For the faithful of the parish of the Immaculate Conception of the Diocese of Nan Jing in Jiang Su province, it was a special New Year's Eve, not only because there was the inauguration of the new church restored, but also because a priest in the new church was ordained.
The faithful of the village of Du Lou in Jin Yang district, in the province of Shan Dong, "entered the New Lunar Year with evangelization", as confirmed by the pastor, "Let us start together another new process of evangelization of the Year of the Faith, let us witness our faith all together." (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 12/02/2013)
- 2015-03-24 - The Chinese Catholic community towards Easter
- 2015-03-17 - Even the "24 hours for the Lord" in the Lenten journey of the Chinese Catholics
- 2015-03-10 - The Bishop of Jing Xian highlights the need to give authentic Christian witness
- 2015-03-04 - The Catholic communities pray for the persecuted Christians in the Middle East and around the world
- 2015-02-21 - ASIA/CHINA – Visits to the elderly and the poor, thanksgiving to God: Chinese Catholics celebrate New Year
- 2015-02-04 - The ancient church of the diocese of Ning Bo will soon return to being the symbol of the city
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas
- 2014-12-03 - Evangelising with joy: a meeting of sharing, music and prayer
- 2014-12-02 - The Year of Consecrated Life begins: witnesses of hope in the future
- 2014-11-27 - A group of doctors provide free health service in the diocese of Hai Men