ASIA/SYRIA - The Armenian Catholic Archbishop on the massacre in Aleppo: " we are addicted to daily horror "
Aleppo (Agenzia Fides) - "The effect of the condition in which we have been living for more than a year is that we are now addicted to horror everyday." This is how the Archbishop of Aleppo of the Armenian Catholics, Boutros Marayati, describes the devastating situation to Fides Agency experienced by the inhabitants of the Syrian metropolis, where yesterday dozens of corpses of young victims were found. "There is always new news of massacres, there is the constant noise of bombing, one lives in a state of tension and fear day and night, there is a struggle to survive in a daily life in which there is not even water to drink and fuel to heat homes. As we are overwhelmed by all this," the Archbishop explained to Fides, "there is not almost time to become aware of the terrible things in which we are immersed. The massacre at the University a few days ago, where we lost poor Sister Rima, already seems a distant thing."
With the now familiar rebound of the charges, the government media have blamed the massacre to the jihaidiste brigades of Jabhat Al-Nusra, while groups of the Coalition of the Opposition spoke of "new terrible massacre perpetrated by the regime." According to the Armenian Catholic Archbishop of Aleppo, the impossibility of verifying the actual dynamics of bloody events makes the condition of the people in turmoil even more alienating: "We feel that there is a deformation of all the information. One cannot just trust what one hears, and there is no possibility to check even the events that occur a short distance from our neighborhoods. Even now one can hear the noise of explosions, but we do not know where they come from, and against whom they are directed. We are in the middle of a war, but we live it as if we were in the dark, without really understanding what is happening. We wonder when and how all this will end. Let us pray to the Lord, so he can look upon us and protect us. " (GV) (Agenzia Fides 30/01/2013).
- 2013-05-16 ASIA/SYRIA - Archbishop Hindo: the "bribes for the revolution" of the anti-Assad militias
- 2013-05-11 ASIA/SYRIA - Water emergency for 90 disabled Muslims rescued by Christians
- 2013-05-10 ASIA/SYRIA - International day of prayer for peace
- 2013-05-07 ASIA/SYRIA - International effort for the release of the Bishops kidnapped, but beware of fake mediators
- 2013-05-06 ASIA/SYRIA - Bishop Audo: Easter in the tears of our Orthodox brothers
- 2013-05-03 ASIA/SYRIA - The Syrian Orthodox Metropolitan Kawak: Turkey help us to free the kidnapped bishops
- 2013-04-29 ASIA/SYRIA - Holy Week of the Eastern Churches begins in the sign of the bishops kidnapped
- 2013-04-27 ASIA/SYRIA - Anxiety for the bishops kidnapped. New details on the dynamics of the seizure
- 2013-04-25 ASIA/SYRIA - Report on Religious Freedom: sectarian and confessional violence increases
- 2013-04-24 ASIA/SYRIA - The Patriarchs of the bishops kidnapped: may God put an end to the tragedy of our people