ASIA/VIETNAM - Prayer and medical assistance for pilgrims visiting the relic of St. Camillus
Ho Chi Minh City (Agenzia Fides) – On the occasion of the celebrations of the fourth centenary of the death of St. Camillus de Lellis (1550-1614), the ampule with the heart of the "Saint of the Sick" continues to go around the world, promoting the devotion of the faithful and the commitment of the religious Camillians in favor of the most vulnerable. Among the last stages of the pilgrimage of the relic, the one in Thailand is reported to Fides Agency by Father John Phuong Dinh Toai, MI, Program Manager of the Commission for the Pastoral Health Care of HIV/AIDS, of the Archdiocese of Ho Chi Minh City, in Vietnam. "On January 18, along with 42 Camillian family members, priests, doctors, nurses and lay volunteers, students and patients - said the Camillian - began our journey of prayer, by bus, the borders of Vietnam and Cambodia where in the floating village in Siem Reap, Tonlesap lake, we offered medical assistance to 450 people and shared food with 400 families, and then continued along the border between Cambodia and Thailand. It was a very fascinating and exciting experience for everyone," stressed Fr. John. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 29/01/2013)
- 2014-10-20 - The Archbishop of Ho Chi Minh city: prayer and hope for the Vatican-Vietnam diplomatic ties
- 2014-09-23 - Family, cradle of faith and of Christian witness
- 2014-09-12 - Land is a source of livelihood for 14% of the indigenous people living in the Country
- 2014-08-01 - The UN Special Rapporteur: "Serious violations of religious freedom"
- 2014-07-22 - "UN expert on religious freedom will visit Viet Nam to assess the situation in the country"
- 2014-07-02 - "Christian family, the cradle of vocations to priesthood" for the Church in Vietnam
- 2014-06-26 - Brutal police repression on Christians Mennonites
- 2014-05-27 - Tensions with China: the faithful pray for justice and peace
- 2014-05-15 - Anti-Chinese protests and violence: civil society and the Catholics ask for non-violence
- 2014-05-08 - A Vietnamese priest in the list of the top “100 information heroes”