ASIA/VIETNAM - Prayer and medical assistance for pilgrims visiting the relic of St. Camillus
Ho Chi Minh City (Agenzia Fides) – On the occasion of the celebrations of the fourth centenary of the death of St. Camillus de Lellis (1550-1614), the ampule with the heart of the "Saint of the Sick" continues to go around the world, promoting the devotion of the faithful and the commitment of the religious Camillians in favor of the most vulnerable. Among the last stages of the pilgrimage of the relic, the one in Thailand is reported to Fides Agency by Father John Phuong Dinh Toai, MI, Program Manager of the Commission for the Pastoral Health Care of HIV/AIDS, of the Archdiocese of Ho Chi Minh City, in Vietnam. "On January 18, along with 42 Camillian family members, priests, doctors, nurses and lay volunteers, students and patients - said the Camillian - began our journey of prayer, by bus, the borders of Vietnam and Cambodia where in the floating village in Siem Reap, Tonlesap lake, we offered medical assistance to 450 people and shared food with 400 families, and then continued along the border between Cambodia and Thailand. It was a very fascinating and exciting experience for everyone," stressed Fr. John. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 29/01/2013)
- 2013-04-24 ASIA/VIETNAM - New project for 2000 children at the National Hospital for Pediatrics in Hanoi
- 2013-04-11 ASIA/VIET NAM - Christian leader who died in prison: a victim of beatings, the faithful do not believe in suicide
- 2013-01-29 ASIA/VIETNAM - Prayer and medical assistance for pilgrims visiting the relic of St. Camillus
- 2012-11-22 ASIA/VIETNAM - In the Year of Faith, mission among the last: a new hospital for lepers
- 2012-10-26 ASIA/VIETNAM - Mission and dialogue in the Year of Faith
- 2012-10-05 ASIA/VIETNAM - Lack of funds increases fears of a further spread of malaria
- 2012-07-09 ASIA/VIETNAM - Appeal of the Catholic media: "Stop the violence of the Government on the Catholics of Vinh"
- 2012-05-28 ASIA/VIETNAM - Jesuit vocations flourish
- 2012-05-24 VIETNAM - 4 Catholic students in prison "subversives": they were promoting religious freedom and protection of life
- 2012-05-24 ASIA/VIETNAM-A Jesuit: "Education and the fight against corruption, priorities for the country"