AMERICA/HONDURAS - Joint project for families living in extreme poverty
Choluteca (Agenzia Fides) - In southern Honduras there are thousands of families who live in houses made of cardboard or plastic, where the resulting living conditions of the inhabitants are very poor. Thanks to an initiative by a group of faithful of an evangelical church in the United States, materials for the construction of 45 homes for many families living in the colony Javier Soriano have been purchased. The houses will be built with brick, will have a roof, doors and windows in iron, in addition to concrete flooring. They will be inaugurated before the arrival of the winter season in the country. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 25/01/2013)
- 2015-07-17 - Sexual abuse on children have repercussions in adulthood
- 2015-07-15 - A new ward for children suffering from dengue and chikungunya
- 2015-07-15 - Campaign of the diocese of San Pedro Sula: "An honest man is not corrupt"
- 2015-07-06 - Still demonstrations against corruption, while other scandals come to light
- 2015-07-03 - The Bishops offer their support to dialogue for social peace
- 2015-06-27 - The Church: "politics without corruption"
- 2015-05-21 - "With courage and more faith": Danilo Aceituno lived at the service of God and of the Church
- 2015-03-25 - Minors exploited and underpaid
- 2015-03-03 - There are 6000 teachers: one million children do not go to school
- 2015-02-03 - Card. Maradiaga supports the "Plan de la Alianza para la Prosperidad"