AMERICA/HONDURAS - Joint project for families living in extreme poverty
Choluteca (Agenzia Fides) - In southern Honduras there are thousands of families who live in houses made of cardboard or plastic, where the resulting living conditions of the inhabitants are very poor. Thanks to an initiative by a group of faithful of an evangelical church in the United States, materials for the construction of 45 homes for many families living in the colony Javier Soriano have been purchased. The houses will be built with brick, will have a roof, doors and windows in iron, in addition to concrete flooring. They will be inaugurated before the arrival of the winter season in the country. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 25/01/2013)
- 2015-10-27 - Bishop Emiliani encourages “Honduras can do it, can stand up, can react”
- 2015-10-06 - Honduran Community says goodbye to candles and "dirty" electricity
- 2015-10-02 - Honduran Missionary receives an award for human rights
- 2015-09-23 - Mgr. Emiliani denounces the "violent reactions in the face of any situation"
- 2015-09-21 - "Honduras is sick of hate", warns Cardinal Rodriguez Maradiaga
- 2015-09-09 - Children resist famine thanks to school snacks
- 2015-07-17 - Sexual abuse on children have repercussions in adulthood
- 2015-07-15 - A new ward for children suffering from dengue and chikungunya
- 2015-07-15 - Campaign of the diocese of San Pedro Sula: "An honest man is not corrupt"
- 2015-07-06 - Still demonstrations against corruption, while other scandals come to light