AMERICA/HONDURAS - Joint project for families living in extreme poverty
Choluteca (Agenzia Fides) - In southern Honduras there are thousands of families who live in houses made of cardboard or plastic, where the resulting living conditions of the inhabitants are very poor. Thanks to an initiative by a group of faithful of an evangelical church in the United States, materials for the construction of 45 homes for many families living in the colony Javier Soriano have been purchased. The houses will be built with brick, will have a roof, doors and windows in iron, in addition to concrete flooring. They will be inaugurated before the arrival of the winter season in the country. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 25/01/2013)
- 2015-07-03 - The Bishops offer their support to dialogue for social peace
- 2015-06-27 - The Church: "politics without corruption"
- 2015-05-21 - "With courage and more faith": Danilo Aceituno lived at the service of God and of the Church
- 2015-03-25 - Minors exploited and underpaid
- 2015-03-03 - There are 6000 teachers: one million children do not go to school
- 2015-02-03 - Card. Maradiaga supports the "Plan de la Alianza para la Prosperidad"
- 2015-01-15 - Over 3000 child beggars on the streets of big cities
- 2014-12-29 - Violence continues to affect mainly children and adolescents
- 2014-11-27 - Violence against women decreases, but there is still an impressive number of cases
- 2014-10-23 - A new location of the detention center in San Pedro Sula for the sake of prisoners