AMERICA/MEXICO - New Evangelization and Continental Mission: meeting of missionary organizations
Mexico D.F. (Agenzia Fides) - The Episcopal Commission for Pastoral Missionary Action and the Interecclesial Cooperation, together with the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS), are attending the Meeting of the Latin American and Caribbean Missions, being held in Mexico from 21 to January 25. According to the note sent by the PMS in Brazil to Fides Agency, 62 representatives of various countries of Latin America and the Caribbean, convened by the Department for Mission and Spirituality of CELAM, in collaboration with the PMS have gathered together.
The meeting is taking place at the headquarters of the Mexican Episcopal Conference (CEM) with the aim of "soliciting the Episcopal Conferences, in accordance with the spirituality of communion, to take responsibility, solidarity and commitment to the Mission Ad Gentes, as the mature fruit of the Continental Mission and the implementation of the New Evangelization, with new enthusiasm, new methods and language, expressing the missionary nature of the Church which proclaims Christ in America and the Caribbean." This meeting also aims to combine the efforts of the Permanent Mission so that American Churches take the Mission "Ad intra" as Mission "Ad Gentes" and as a permanent challenge and priority on the path of pastoral conversion.
The program of the meeting is as follows: 1) The missionary journey in Latin America after the Second Vatican Council until Aparecida; 2) History of the Missionary Congresses in America; 3) The Continental Mission; 4) What is the Synod on the New Evangelization Mission tells us; 5) The identity of the Department for Mission and Spirituality of CELAM; 6) The Pontifical Mission Societies in the service of mission of the particular Churches; 7) Mission: faith is strengthened by giving it. As a conclusion, the sharing of missionary experiences. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/01/2013)
- 2014-07-30 - Prisons become "universities of crime": the Church insists on re-education
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration
- 2014-07-11 - The Central American Church's commitment to eradicate the causes of child emigration
- 2014-07-07 - More than 8 million indigenous women suffer physical and moral violence
- 2014-07-04 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Inauguration of a reception center, but the issue on migrants should be resolved at the root
- 2014-07-03 - Formation and spirituality for a missionary Church, engaged in society
- 2014-07-02 - Immigrant children: now even more controls on the southern border of Mexico