AMERICA/MEXICO - New Evangelization and Continental Mission: meeting of missionary organizations
Mexico D.F. (Agenzia Fides) - The Episcopal Commission for Pastoral Missionary Action and the Interecclesial Cooperation, together with the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS), are attending the Meeting of the Latin American and Caribbean Missions, being held in Mexico from 21 to January 25. According to the note sent by the PMS in Brazil to Fides Agency, 62 representatives of various countries of Latin America and the Caribbean, convened by the Department for Mission and Spirituality of CELAM, in collaboration with the PMS have gathered together.
The meeting is taking place at the headquarters of the Mexican Episcopal Conference (CEM) with the aim of "soliciting the Episcopal Conferences, in accordance with the spirituality of communion, to take responsibility, solidarity and commitment to the Mission Ad Gentes, as the mature fruit of the Continental Mission and the implementation of the New Evangelization, with new enthusiasm, new methods and language, expressing the missionary nature of the Church which proclaims Christ in America and the Caribbean." This meeting also aims to combine the efforts of the Permanent Mission so that American Churches take the Mission "Ad intra" as Mission "Ad Gentes" and as a permanent challenge and priority on the path of pastoral conversion.
The program of the meeting is as follows: 1) The missionary journey in Latin America after the Second Vatican Council until Aparecida; 2) History of the Missionary Congresses in America; 3) The Continental Mission; 4) What is the Synod on the New Evangelization Mission tells us; 5) The identity of the Department for Mission and Spirituality of CELAM; 6) The Pontifical Mission Societies in the service of mission of the particular Churches; 7) Mission: faith is strengthened by giving it. As a conclusion, the sharing of missionary experiences. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/01/2013)
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"
- 2015-01-27 - Child labor: 2 million and a half working children
- 2015-01-26 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Central America discuss the issue regarding assistance to migrants
- 2015-01-19 - Bishop of Zacatecas: The closure of mines is everyone’s problem
- 2015-01-17 - "We must stop violent groups", said Bishop Gallardo
- 2015-01-16 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Guerrero appreciate the good will of the army
- 2015-01-16 - The New Testament in Tsotsil language in the pipeline
- 2015-01-14 - Corruption: a serious disease that has infected all
- 2015-01-09 - The priests of Guerrero "continue to preach the Gospel as always" despite threats and blackmail,
- 2015-01-07 - "The jungle law" does not stop theft