EUROPE/POLAND - A missionary priest of Czestochowa sent to Kazakhstan
Czestochowa (Agenzia Fides) – On Sunday, January 20, in the Parish of the Divine Mercy in Cieciulów, in the Archdiocese of Czestochowa the sending of a missionary priest of the Archdiocese, Father Slawomir Porebski was celebrated, who as from February 3 will work in Kazakhstan. According to information sent to Fides Agency, the Archbishop of Czestochowa, His Exc. Mgr. Waclaw Depo, in his homily stressed inter alia that "the Gospel is still current and vital to the work of the missionaries" and "today in contemporary society, people who believe are often seen as old-fashioned. " Don Slawomir Porebski therefore asked the faithful to pray for his mission, recalling that "every Christian is by nature missionary" and that by virtue of Baptism, we all have a missionary task.
Don Slawomir Porebski was born on December 26, 1979 in Olesno and was ordained a priest on May 29, 2004 in the Cathedral of Czestochowa. Currently the priests and missionary laity of the Archdiocese of Czestochowa working in the world are 55: 12 diocesan priests, 17 nuns, 22 religious and four lay missionaries. They are present in several countries of Africa, Asia, Latin America (Cameroon, Zambia, Argentina, Papua New Guinea, Brazil, Ecuador, the Philippines, Tunisia) and in Eastern Europe (Belarus and Ukraine). (MF/SL) (Agenzia Fides 22/01/2013)
- 2015-09-24 - Youth Day and the Jubilee of the Pontifical Missionary Union in Poland
- 2015-06-18 - IV National Missionary Congress: "The joy of the Gospel, the source of missionary zeal"
- 2015-06-12 - Cardinal Filoni: "Today the Church in Poland needs to continue on the missionary path"
- 2015-02-17 - EUROPE/POLAND – National Mission Congress: missionary cooperation and conversion
- 2014-12-11 - Mary, model of missionary commitment for all believers
- 2014-07-05 - A school of missionary animation
- 2013-12-10 - Support vocations in mission countries: prayer vigil and missiological session
- 2013-09-24 - A family of people to help future priests and consecrated persons in mission countries
- 2013-01-22 - A missionary priest of Czestochowa sent to Kazakhstan
- 2012-12-06 - Prayer Vigil in Jasna Gora for the evangelization of the world