AMERICA/PARAGUAY - The Family and the Year of Faith at the centre of the 40th mission in Argentina
Asuncion (Agenzia Fides) – Conclusion of the 12-day pastoral mission of 33 missionaries of the Church of Paraguay addressed to their countrymen who emigrated to the Argentine territory. Led by His Exc. Mgr. Claudio Silvero, Auxiliary Bishop of Encarnación (Paraguay), the missionaries worked with the team of Paraguayan Équipe of Pastoral care in Argentina (E.P.P.A.). This missionary activity has been going on for 40 consecutive years, to spiritually support Paraguayan emigrants in Argentina and bring them a message of hope. According to the note sent by the Episcopal Conference of Paraguay to Fides Agency, this year the mission wanted to deepen the theme of faith and family in the context of the Year of Faith.
Mgr. Silvero commented: "It was God’s grace, for the 33 missionaries, including 16 priests, 10 religious and seven deacons. The basic theme was faith and family. It was a very interesting experience. Our pastoral work managed to reach 223 chapels of Paraguayan immigrants, for 12 days, we worked very hard.
Precisely in this Year of Faith, for the Church of Paraguay it was necessary to do this act of charity and assistance ".
The EPPA was founded in 1970 with a group of young people, the first mission took place in 1972. Today it is structured in groups based in more than 300 Argentine districts where there are emigrants of Paraguay. Équipes in the area are active in four Argentinian archdioceses: Buenos Aires, La Plata and Mercedes-Luján and Rosario. Its delegates are present in 12 dioceses of Argentina (Avellaneda-Lanús, Quilmes, Lomas de Zamora, San Justo, Laferrere; Moron, Merlo-Moreno, San Martin, San Miguel Zárate-Campana, and Mar del Plata). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/12/2012)
- 2013-05-03 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - 70,000 confirmed cases of dengue
- 2013-04-22 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - Horacio Cartes elected President
- 2013-04-19 AMERICA/PARAGUAY – Vote-buying is a serious sin ", warns the Apostolic Vicar of Pilcomayo
- 2013-04-19 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - "The elections are an example of civilization to strengthen democracy," the Bishops hope
- 2013-03-06 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - "Education is the key to the development of the country": Assembly of Bishops has begun
- 2012-12-17 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - The Family and the Year of Faith at the centre of the 40th mission in Argentina
- 2012-12-04 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - Permanent Mission and Evangelization of the family: at the beginning of the Year of Faith denunciation of violence against indigenous peoples
- 2012-11-26 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - The Bishops on the Curuguaty case: "To accelerate the investigation to determine those responsible"
- 2012-11-05 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - Year of Faith and national reality: 196th Assembly of Bishops
- 2012-10-27 AMERICA/PARAGUAY - Young Catholics want to commit themselves in the social field