ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Deaths and missing persons after the typhoon Bopha increase
Manila (Agenzia Fides) - Dozens of missing persons, over 214 000 displaced and 238 have died in the floods and landslides caused by Typhoon Bopha, which hit the Philippines. Most of the victims were reported in the provinces of Compostela Valley and Davao, in the east of the island of Mindanao, where the typhoon arrived with winds of 175 km/h. In the province of Surigao del Sur, always in Mindanao, and where the most serious damage has been declared, eight people have died, while in Misamis Occidental a 33-year-old Filipino 31 died struck by a tree which fell due to strong winds. This is the most powerful typhoon that has hit the archipelago this year. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 06/12/2012)
- 2014-07-21 - The missionaries for the development of indigenous peoples in Mindanao
- 2014-07-07 - For the poor and against injustice: the testimony of Father Romano, who was kidnapped 29 years ago, is always present
- 2014-07-02 - The Bishops: No to the restoration of the death penalty
- 2014-06-05 - "Peace is living together": international conference for reconciliation in Mindanao
- 2014-04-28 - Protecting the rights and education of poor rural people
- 2014-04-08 - The Bishops: "We respect the Supreme Court, we defend life with the right to conscientious objection"
- 2014-04-08 - The Supreme Court: Reproductive Health law is valid, but yes to conscientious objection
- 2014-03-28 - The missionaries: "May the agreement with the rebels of the South bring peace, justice and development"
- 2014-03-25 - Over 7.7 million dollars for aid to victims of the typhoon: The Church guarantees transparency
- 2014-03-21 - ASIA/PHILIPPINES – Award to the Islamic movement for dialogue "Silsilah" in Southern Philippines