ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Deaths and missing persons after the typhoon Bopha increase
Manila (Agenzia Fides) - Dozens of missing persons, over 214 000 displaced and 238 have died in the floods and landslides caused by Typhoon Bopha, which hit the Philippines. Most of the victims were reported in the provinces of Compostela Valley and Davao, in the east of the island of Mindanao, where the typhoon arrived with winds of 175 km/h. In the province of Surigao del Sur, always in Mindanao, and where the most serious damage has been declared, eight people have died, while in Misamis Occidental a 33-year-old Filipino 31 died struck by a tree which fell due to strong winds. This is the most powerful typhoon that has hit the archipelago this year. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 06/12/2012)
- 2014-03-04 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Bishops' message for Lent: "Poverty dehumanizes the country"
- 2014-02-20 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - The commitment of the Churches for AIDS patients
- 2014-02-07 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Simple boats transformed into mobile clinics to deliver humanitarian and medical aid
- 2014-01-14 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Thousands of children are ready to go back to school to begin a process of recovery towards normality
- 2014-01-14 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - The Superior General OMI: "With Msg. Quevedo, let us look at the Church of the poor"
- 2014-01-08 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - An Interfaith Council established by the Commune of Zamboanga City
- 2013-12-20 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Christmas for refugees of Typhoon Haiyan, between hunger and risk of child abuse
- 2013-12-18 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Protecting the rights of vulnerable children and help them return to school
- 2013-12-17 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - National Meeting for the 50th anniversary of Pacem in Terris
- 2013-12-13 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - The Church to the President: Rethink reclamations