AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN-Somali immigrants accuse the security forces of abuse
Juba (Agenzia Fides) – A number of Somalis took to the streets of Juba, capital of South Sudan, after the killing of their country man. A witness told Bakhita Radio said the deceased was an entrepreneur who was killed in his shop by criminals and accused the security forces of South Sudan of abusing Somali immigrants. The protesters marched towards Juba International Airport as the body of the dead was being airlifted to his country of origin.
Police stopped the protesters from entering the airport and forced them to turn back.
Many foreign expatriates complain wide mistreatment across the country by South Sudan security forces. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 04/12/2012)
- 2013-11-29 AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - In November, 4 death sentences were carried out despite appeals for a moratorium on capital punishment
- 2013-11-18 AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - Foundation stone laid at the Catholic University of South Sudan
- 2013-08-06 AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - Emergency cases of measles complicated in addition to 1,500 of malaria
- 2013-07-25 AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - Tense Climate after the deposition of the government
- 2013-07-24 AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN – Food emergency for thousands of people who have fled into the forests of the State of Jonglei
- 2013-07-24 AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - Bishop Kussala: "The military presence is not the solution"
- 2013-07-09 AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - Abolition of the death penalty: appeal on the 2nd anniversary of the independence of South Sudan
- 2013-07-03 AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - Catholic Radio station in Rumbek resumes broadcasting
- 2013-07-01 AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - Alarm measles for 10 counties in the Country
- 2013-06-20 AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - A day of prayer for national reconciliation has been announced