AMERICA/HONDURAS - 66% of the population lives in poverty
Tegucigalpa (Agenzia Fides) - The level of poverty recorded among the population in Honduras by the NSI (National Statistics Institute) is 66.5%. The study, which collects data until May 2012, shows that 66.5% of Honduran families live in poverty, with incomes below the cost of basic consumer goods, including food and other services. The situation is more severe in rural areas, but in the urban areas it reaches more than half of the households, 63.6% urban and 69.3% rural. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 21/11/2012)
- 2015-10-27 - Bishop Emiliani encourages “Honduras can do it, can stand up, can react”
- 2015-10-06 - Honduran Community says goodbye to candles and "dirty" electricity
- 2015-10-02 - Honduran Missionary receives an award for human rights
- 2015-09-23 - Mgr. Emiliani denounces the "violent reactions in the face of any situation"
- 2015-09-21 - "Honduras is sick of hate", warns Cardinal Rodriguez Maradiaga
- 2015-09-09 - Children resist famine thanks to school snacks
- 2015-07-17 - Sexual abuse on children have repercussions in adulthood
- 2015-07-15 - A new ward for children suffering from dengue and chikungunya
- 2015-07-15 - Campaign of the diocese of San Pedro Sula: "An honest man is not corrupt"
- 2015-07-06 - Still demonstrations against corruption, while other scandals come to light