AMERICA/HONDURAS - 66% of the population lives in poverty
Tegucigalpa (Agenzia Fides) - The level of poverty recorded among the population in Honduras by the NSI (National Statistics Institute) is 66.5%. The study, which collects data until May 2012, shows that 66.5% of Honduran families live in poverty, with incomes below the cost of basic consumer goods, including food and other services. The situation is more severe in rural areas, but in the urban areas it reaches more than half of the households, 63.6% urban and 69.3% rural. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 21/11/2012)
- 2015-07-17 - Sexual abuse on children have repercussions in adulthood
- 2015-07-15 - A new ward for children suffering from dengue and chikungunya
- 2015-07-15 - Campaign of the diocese of San Pedro Sula: "An honest man is not corrupt"
- 2015-07-06 - Still demonstrations against corruption, while other scandals come to light
- 2015-07-03 - The Bishops offer their support to dialogue for social peace
- 2015-06-27 - The Church: "politics without corruption"
- 2015-05-21 - "With courage and more faith": Danilo Aceituno lived at the service of God and of the Church
- 2015-03-25 - Minors exploited and underpaid
- 2015-03-03 - There are 6000 teachers: one million children do not go to school
- 2015-02-03 - Card. Maradiaga supports the "Plan de la Alianza para la Prosperidad"