AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The Church calls on the population to participate in the census, civic duty and a tool for the development of society
La Paz (Agenzia Fides) - The Catholic Church calls on the Bolivian population to participate in the national Census, because it is a "civic duty", and calls on the authorities and population to make every effort for this important event. "As expressed several times, the Catholic Church encourages the Bolivian population to actively participate in the census on 21 November, as it is an instrument for the development of our society," said the statement sent to Fides Agency. "We reject any attempt to boycott this day by some groups," said His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Scarpellini, Auxiliary Bishop of El Alto, Secretary General of the Bolivian Episcopal Conference in the presentation of the statement.
Even His Exc. Mgr. Sergio Gualberti, Coadjutor Bishop of Santa Cruz, delivered Cardinal Julio Terrazas’ message, who asked the population to participate in the Census providing real data and without lying. Mgr. Gualberti, also asked the authorities to use these data in a transparent way. He then added that the census is "a very important way that gives us the opportunity to learn more objectively the reality of our country, of our regions, cities and towns, 11 years after the last census." "Only if we do it with freedom, we can expect that the results help us to create public policies to respond and meet the needs of all Bolivians" he concluded. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 19/11/2012)
- 2014-11-18 - Towards CAM 5: Bolivia presents a preliminary work plan
- 2014-11-17 - A project to spread Afro culture among children of Yungas communities
- 2014-11-12 - The Eucharist is necessary for fraternal communion and mission
- 2014-11-11 - The law on education must be applied without discrimination
- 2014-11-07 - Education, communication and drug trafficking: the Bishops prepare three pastoral Letters
- 2014-10-29 - Solidarity and concrete evangelization: meeting of diocesan Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2014-10-24 - 50% of children who are born with Chagas' disease do not receive any medical care
- 2014-10-11 - Mission Month: schools in Sucre also go on missions
- 2014-10-02 - The priority for the Auxiliary Bishop of Reyes: "Working to be a single Christian community"
- 2014-09-04 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Catholic Bishops of Bolivia and Peru take communications course “For a culture of encounter”