AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The Church calls on the population to participate in the census, civic duty and a tool for the development of society
La Paz (Agenzia Fides) - The Catholic Church calls on the Bolivian population to participate in the national Census, because it is a "civic duty", and calls on the authorities and population to make every effort for this important event. "As expressed several times, the Catholic Church encourages the Bolivian population to actively participate in the census on 21 November, as it is an instrument for the development of our society," said the statement sent to Fides Agency. "We reject any attempt to boycott this day by some groups," said His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Scarpellini, Auxiliary Bishop of El Alto, Secretary General of the Bolivian Episcopal Conference in the presentation of the statement.
Even His Exc. Mgr. Sergio Gualberti, Coadjutor Bishop of Santa Cruz, delivered Cardinal Julio Terrazas’ message, who asked the population to participate in the Census providing real data and without lying. Mgr. Gualberti, also asked the authorities to use these data in a transparent way. He then added that the census is "a very important way that gives us the opportunity to learn more objectively the reality of our country, of our regions, cities and towns, 11 years after the last census." "Only if we do it with freedom, we can expect that the results help us to create public policies to respond and meet the needs of all Bolivians" he concluded. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 19/11/2012)
- 2015-11-20 - The Church strongly rejects the use of the image of the Pope for political activities
- 2015-11-13 - The Episcopal Conference: "We need and want a change"
- 2015-11-07 - The Pontifical Mission Societies in Bolivia towards the American Missionary Congress
- 2015-11-06 - 100th Assembly of the Episcopal Conference: V American Missionary Congress (CAM 5) is among the topics to be discussed
- 2015-10-15 - The Maryknoll Mission Center has been offering missionaries a valuable service for half a century
- 2015-10-12 - The Pope's message at the forum on climate: "Follow a fair and integral ecology"
- 2015-10-09 - Nuncio Diquattro representative of the Holy See at the World Conference on Climate Change
- 2015-09-17 - Intervention of Mgr. Scarpellini on the candidacy of Morales: "Alternation is an expression of democracy"
- 2015-08-19 - Heavy rains leave more than a thousand of families homeless
- 2015-08-17 - Prison conditions improve thanks to mediation by Pope Francis