ASIA/MYANMAR - Earthquake in the town center: deaths, injuries and several missing
Mandalay (Agenzia Fides) - Yesterday, Sunday, November 11, an earthquake 6.6 magnitude on the Richter scale shook central Burma, causing five deaths, 19 injuries and limited material damage. Many people could be missing. The epicenter was recorded at a depth of ten kilometers and close to Shwebo. The aftershocks were felt in a radius of 60 kilometers, in Mandalay, the second largest city in the country. The earthquake was also felt in Bangkok, Thailand. Shortly after the earthquake, a bridge under construction on the river Irawadi collapsed and caused several victims. According to the local police, 4 people were killed in Singgu and nine were injured. Other wounded in Singgu are feared, across the river Irawadi. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 12/11/2012)
- 2015-11-24 - Cardinal Bo: "A year of mercy for Myanmar"
- 2015-11-21 - Cardinal Bo: "A nation on the threshold of hope"
- 2015-11-17 - The victory of the National League for Democracy confirmed
- 2015-11-11 - Aung San Suu Kyi’s party wins: now national reconciliation
- 2015-11-10 - The Church: "After the elections, new hope for a future of unity in the nation"
- 2015-11-06 - Appeal for tolerance and respect for human rights during elections
- 2015-11-05 - Cardinal Bo: "Voting is a pilgrimage of hope"
- 2015-10-30 - Respect and coexistence as the basis for democracy
- 2015-09-25 - Cardinal Bo: "free and transparent elections"
- 2015-08-05 - Thousands of victims because of heavy flooding