AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The Bolivian Bishops celebrate 50 years of the life of the Episcopal Conference and open the Year of Faith
Cochabamba (Agenzia Fides) - "We will evaluate the process of restructuring the Bolivian Episcopal Conference (CEB) which started three years ago to see whether adjustments are necessary in the process, then there will be the election of our authorities for the next three years" with these words His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Scarpellini, Bishop of El Alto, Under-Secretary of the CEB, summed up in a note sent to Fides Agency the main themes of the 94th Assembly of the Bolivian Episcopate, which takes place from November 5 to 13 in Cochabamba.
On Sunday, November 11, in the Cathedral of Cochabamba, the Bishops will concelebrate a Mass of thanksgiving for the 50th anniversary of the CEB and 50 years of the opening of the Second Vatican Council, as well as giving official start to the Year of Faith in Bolivia. On this occasion the pilgrimage of a copy of the Cross of the World Youth Day (WYD) will also officially open, which will visit all ecclesiastical jurisdictions in Bolivia, in order to encourage young people to prepare for the meeting in Rio de Janeiro for World Youth Day 2013. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/11/2012)
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners
- 2014-03-29 - The Church reflects on the situation: "The people no longer have hope in this government"
- 2014-03-27 - Bishops’ priorities: Indigenous and social pastoral, relaunch of the Permanent Mission
- 2014-03-17 - Heavy rains have caused deaths and injuries in the Beni area, the lack of food is worrying
- 2014-02-28 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Flood stricken native peoples in Beni destitute and starving
- 2014-02-25 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Classrooms under water, 10 toilets and no water for more than 1000 pupils
- 2014-01-28 - National Emergency: 6000 homeless families due to rains and floods
- 2014-01-22 - The Andean Countries together for the XIII Regional Meeting of the Youth Ministry
- 2013-12-12 - Cardinal Terrazas urges to "combat violence, not with words, but with actions"
- 2013-12-03 - "We cannot live in fear, we must take the path of peace", says the Archbishop of Santa Cruz