AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The Bolivian Bishops celebrate 50 years of the life of the Episcopal Conference and open the Year of Faith
Cochabamba (Agenzia Fides) - "We will evaluate the process of restructuring the Bolivian Episcopal Conference (CEB) which started three years ago to see whether adjustments are necessary in the process, then there will be the election of our authorities for the next three years" with these words His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Scarpellini, Bishop of El Alto, Under-Secretary of the CEB, summed up in a note sent to Fides Agency the main themes of the 94th Assembly of the Bolivian Episcopate, which takes place from November 5 to 13 in Cochabamba.
On Sunday, November 11, in the Cathedral of Cochabamba, the Bishops will concelebrate a Mass of thanksgiving for the 50th anniversary of the CEB and 50 years of the opening of the Second Vatican Council, as well as giving official start to the Year of Faith in Bolivia. On this occasion the pilgrimage of a copy of the Cross of the World Youth Day (WYD) will also officially open, which will visit all ecclesiastical jurisdictions in Bolivia, in order to encourage young people to prepare for the meeting in Rio de Janeiro for World Youth Day 2013. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/11/2012)
- 2015-11-20 - The Church strongly rejects the use of the image of the Pope for political activities
- 2015-11-13 - The Episcopal Conference: "We need and want a change"
- 2015-11-07 - The Pontifical Mission Societies in Bolivia towards the American Missionary Congress
- 2015-11-06 - 100th Assembly of the Episcopal Conference: V American Missionary Congress (CAM 5) is among the topics to be discussed
- 2015-10-15 - The Maryknoll Mission Center has been offering missionaries a valuable service for half a century
- 2015-10-12 - The Pope's message at the forum on climate: "Follow a fair and integral ecology"
- 2015-10-09 - Nuncio Diquattro representative of the Holy See at the World Conference on Climate Change
- 2015-09-17 - Intervention of Mgr. Scarpellini on the candidacy of Morales: "Alternation is an expression of democracy"
- 2015-08-19 - Heavy rains leave more than a thousand of families homeless
- 2015-08-17 - Prison conditions improve thanks to mediation by Pope Francis