AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The Bolivian Bishops celebrate 50 years of the life of the Episcopal Conference and open the Year of Faith
Cochabamba (Agenzia Fides) - "We will evaluate the process of restructuring the Bolivian Episcopal Conference (CEB) which started three years ago to see whether adjustments are necessary in the process, then there will be the election of our authorities for the next three years" with these words His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Scarpellini, Bishop of El Alto, Under-Secretary of the CEB, summed up in a note sent to Fides Agency the main themes of the 94th Assembly of the Bolivian Episcopate, which takes place from November 5 to 13 in Cochabamba.
On Sunday, November 11, in the Cathedral of Cochabamba, the Bishops will concelebrate a Mass of thanksgiving for the 50th anniversary of the CEB and 50 years of the opening of the Second Vatican Council, as well as giving official start to the Year of Faith in Bolivia. On this occasion the pilgrimage of a copy of the Cross of the World Youth Day (WYD) will also officially open, which will visit all ecclesiastical jurisdictions in Bolivia, in order to encourage young people to prepare for the meeting in Rio de Janeiro for World Youth Day 2013. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/11/2012)
- 2014-11-18 - Towards CAM 5: Bolivia presents a preliminary work plan
- 2014-11-17 - A project to spread Afro culture among children of Yungas communities
- 2014-11-12 - The Eucharist is necessary for fraternal communion and mission
- 2014-11-11 - The law on education must be applied without discrimination
- 2014-11-07 - Education, communication and drug trafficking: the Bishops prepare three pastoral Letters
- 2014-10-29 - Solidarity and concrete evangelization: meeting of diocesan Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2014-10-24 - 50% of children who are born with Chagas' disease do not receive any medical care
- 2014-10-11 - Mission Month: schools in Sucre also go on missions
- 2014-10-02 - The priority for the Auxiliary Bishop of Reyes: "Working to be a single Christian community"
- 2014-09-04 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Catholic Bishops of Bolivia and Peru take communications course “For a culture of encounter”