AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The Bolivian Bishops celebrate 50 years of the life of the Episcopal Conference and open the Year of Faith
Cochabamba (Agenzia Fides) - "We will evaluate the process of restructuring the Bolivian Episcopal Conference (CEB) which started three years ago to see whether adjustments are necessary in the process, then there will be the election of our authorities for the next three years" with these words His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Scarpellini, Bishop of El Alto, Under-Secretary of the CEB, summed up in a note sent to Fides Agency the main themes of the 94th Assembly of the Bolivian Episcopate, which takes place from November 5 to 13 in Cochabamba.
On Sunday, November 11, in the Cathedral of Cochabamba, the Bishops will concelebrate a Mass of thanksgiving for the 50th anniversary of the CEB and 50 years of the opening of the Second Vatican Council, as well as giving official start to the Year of Faith in Bolivia. On this occasion the pilgrimage of a copy of the Cross of the World Youth Day (WYD) will also officially open, which will visit all ecclesiastical jurisdictions in Bolivia, in order to encourage young people to prepare for the meeting in Rio de Janeiro for World Youth Day 2013. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/11/2012)
- 2014-07-10 - Insults and defamation: a campaign that has no political agenda
- 2014-06-18 - Conclusion of the G77 + China, the Church hopes for commitment in favor of the poor
- 2014-06-16 - Formation on values to combat violence and bullying
- 2014-05-26 - Meeting with the candidates: an initiative of the Church for the October elections
- 2014-05-16 - Basic Ecclesial Communities: the new face of the Church at the service of justice and peace
- 2014-04-28 - Children sold for sexual and labor exploitation and for the sale of organs
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners
- 2014-03-29 - The Church reflects on the situation: "The people no longer have hope in this government"
- 2014-03-27 - Bishops’ priorities: Indigenous and social pastoral, relaunch of the Permanent Mission
- 2014-03-17 - Heavy rains have caused deaths and injuries in the Beni area, the lack of food is worrying