AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The Bolivian Bishops celebrate 50 years of the life of the Episcopal Conference and open the Year of Faith
Cochabamba (Agenzia Fides) - "We will evaluate the process of restructuring the Bolivian Episcopal Conference (CEB) which started three years ago to see whether adjustments are necessary in the process, then there will be the election of our authorities for the next three years" with these words His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Scarpellini, Bishop of El Alto, Under-Secretary of the CEB, summed up in a note sent to Fides Agency the main themes of the 94th Assembly of the Bolivian Episcopate, which takes place from November 5 to 13 in Cochabamba.
On Sunday, November 11, in the Cathedral of Cochabamba, the Bishops will concelebrate a Mass of thanksgiving for the 50th anniversary of the CEB and 50 years of the opening of the Second Vatican Council, as well as giving official start to the Year of Faith in Bolivia. On this occasion the pilgrimage of a copy of the Cross of the World Youth Day (WYD) will also officially open, which will visit all ecclesiastical jurisdictions in Bolivia, in order to encourage young people to prepare for the meeting in Rio de Janeiro for World Youth Day 2013. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/11/2012)
- 2015-09-17 - Intervention of Mgr. Scarpellini on the candidacy of Morales: "Alternation is an expression of democracy"
- 2015-08-19 - Heavy rains leave more than a thousand of families homeless
- 2015-08-17 - Prison conditions improve thanks to mediation by Pope Francis
- 2015-07-29 - Government and people commence dialogue for definitive solution
- 2015-07-24 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Parishes shelter demonstrators demanding solutions to the mining question
- 2015-07-09 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – The faithful wait "standing" for the arrival of the Pope
- 2015-07-08 - "The world needs to change": Cardinal Turkson opens the World Meeting of Social Movements
- 2015-06-26 - The Pope will conclude the World Meeting of Social Movements
- 2015-05-27 - Radio and TV to announce the Gospel in the Vicariate of Nuflo de Chavez
- 2015-05-05 - Adoption campaign for children with disabilities