AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Strong reaction on behalf of the Archbishop of Mendoza against abortion: "it is never a solution"
Mendoza (Agenzia Fides) - The Argentinian Archdiocese of Mendoza, in a statement signed by the Archbishop and his Auxiliary, said: "The Chamber of Deputies of Mendoza has given preliminary approval to a project so that the province adheres and adopts the ‘Technical guide for the complete cure of non punishable abortions' of the National Sexual Health and Responsible Procreation Program, of the Ministry of Health of the nation". Abortion and provisions suggested in the "Technical Guide " distributed in hospitals and clinics have been discussed for some time, postponing the adhesion at individual provinces level.
Faced with the situation that occurred in Mendoza, in a statement signed by the Archbishop of Mendoza, His Exc. Mgr. José Maria Arancibia, and the Auxiliary Bishop, His Exc. Mgr. Sergio O. Buenanueva, the Catholic Church recalls the universal principles in favor of the rights of the unborn.
The statement sent to Fides Agency says: "It is necessary that the live forces of society offer their contribution to the task of the legislator: to make fair and reasonable laws, based on universal values and goals. In this regard, and as Pastors of the Catholic Church in Mendoza, it seems appropriate to contribute with some short ethical considerations. Abortion is the deliberate killing of an innocent human being in the initial phase of its existence. It is a grave injustice. It cannot be considered a right, nor a medical act. The painful case of pregnancy after rape demands from the State the specific responsibility to protect human life of the two people involved: the mother and the child. Abortion is never a solution. We hope that in the parliamentary debate a clear recognition of the dignity of the unborn child and its rights will prevail" (CE) (Agenzia Fides 21/09/2012)
- 2015-06-24 - Bishop of Jujuy: "We need the State’s strong support against drugs"
- 2015-06-18 - The first Congress on intercultural and interreligious dialogue
- 2015-06-12 - "We are concerned about the new poor", said Mgr. Ojea, head of Caritas
- 2015-06-11 - "In this America's Cup, and always, say no to trafficking": campaign against human trafficking
- 2015-05-28 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Child nutrition, drugs and poverty: meeting of Bishops and authorities of Buenos Aires
- 2015-05-26 - The Church's message for the National holiday: no to hatred, play politics with moral integrity
- 2015-05-20 - Half a million families with serious addictions to alcohol and drugs
- 2015-05-18 - First Report on the scourge of drugs prepared by UCA
- 2015-05-08 - Missionary dimension and social problems: meeting of the clergy of Patagonia
- 2015-05-02 - First parish dedicated to Juan Diego