AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Strong reaction on behalf of the Archbishop of Mendoza against abortion: "it is never a solution"
Mendoza (Agenzia Fides) - The Argentinian Archdiocese of Mendoza, in a statement signed by the Archbishop and his Auxiliary, said: "The Chamber of Deputies of Mendoza has given preliminary approval to a project so that the province adheres and adopts the ‘Technical guide for the complete cure of non punishable abortions' of the National Sexual Health and Responsible Procreation Program, of the Ministry of Health of the nation". Abortion and provisions suggested in the "Technical Guide " distributed in hospitals and clinics have been discussed for some time, postponing the adhesion at individual provinces level.
Faced with the situation that occurred in Mendoza, in a statement signed by the Archbishop of Mendoza, His Exc. Mgr. José Maria Arancibia, and the Auxiliary Bishop, His Exc. Mgr. Sergio O. Buenanueva, the Catholic Church recalls the universal principles in favor of the rights of the unborn.
The statement sent to Fides Agency says: "It is necessary that the live forces of society offer their contribution to the task of the legislator: to make fair and reasonable laws, based on universal values and goals. In this regard, and as Pastors of the Catholic Church in Mendoza, it seems appropriate to contribute with some short ethical considerations. Abortion is the deliberate killing of an innocent human being in the initial phase of its existence. It is a grave injustice. It cannot be considered a right, nor a medical act. The painful case of pregnancy after rape demands from the State the specific responsibility to protect human life of the two people involved: the mother and the child. Abortion is never a solution. We hope that in the parliamentary debate a clear recognition of the dignity of the unborn child and its rights will prevail" (CE) (Agenzia Fides 21/09/2012)
- 2014-10-11 - During the debate on drugs, the government also looks at the position of Bishops
- 2014-10-09 - Strong commitment of the Diocese of Quilmes against human trafficking and related crimes
- 2014-10-08 - Free vaccination campaign for children
- 2014-09-06 - The life of every migrant demands we build a new world; migrants’ pilgrimage to Luján
- 2014-09-04 - Announcing Christ on the streets: “committed to mission” for the archdiocese of Salta
- 2014-09-03 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Month of the Bible, ideal context for giving new impulse to the evangelising mission of the Church
- 2014-08-21 - The Church launches an alarm regarding the increase of suicides among teenagers
- 2014-08-06 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Pope Francis welcomes the opening of a reception center for victims of sexual exploitation
- 2014-07-08 - After 38 years the killers of the Bishop who fought for hope and dignity have been condemned
- 2014-06-27 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Social Week begins, to promote "the culture of meeting"