AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Strong reaction on behalf of the Archbishop of Mendoza against abortion: "it is never a solution"
Mendoza (Agenzia Fides) - The Argentinian Archdiocese of Mendoza, in a statement signed by the Archbishop and his Auxiliary, said: "The Chamber of Deputies of Mendoza has given preliminary approval to a project so that the province adheres and adopts the ‘Technical guide for the complete cure of non punishable abortions' of the National Sexual Health and Responsible Procreation Program, of the Ministry of Health of the nation". Abortion and provisions suggested in the "Technical Guide " distributed in hospitals and clinics have been discussed for some time, postponing the adhesion at individual provinces level.
Faced with the situation that occurred in Mendoza, in a statement signed by the Archbishop of Mendoza, His Exc. Mgr. José Maria Arancibia, and the Auxiliary Bishop, His Exc. Mgr. Sergio O. Buenanueva, the Catholic Church recalls the universal principles in favor of the rights of the unborn.
The statement sent to Fides Agency says: "It is necessary that the live forces of society offer their contribution to the task of the legislator: to make fair and reasonable laws, based on universal values and goals. In this regard, and as Pastors of the Catholic Church in Mendoza, it seems appropriate to contribute with some short ethical considerations. Abortion is the deliberate killing of an innocent human being in the initial phase of its existence. It is a grave injustice. It cannot be considered a right, nor a medical act. The painful case of pregnancy after rape demands from the State the specific responsibility to protect human life of the two people involved: the mother and the child. Abortion is never a solution. We hope that in the parliamentary debate a clear recognition of the dignity of the unborn child and its rights will prevail" (CE) (Agenzia Fides 21/09/2012)
- 2013-05-07 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Minor workers engaged in heavy activity and at risk
- 2013-04-18 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - " Pastoral ministry should always be missionary," Pope Francis’ message to his brother Argentinian bishops
- 2013-04-17 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Bishops to the government: "More consultations on reforms, or democracy weakens "
- 2013-04-16 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - The action of young people in storms was a "silent revolution," says a Bishop
- 2013-04-04 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - More than 50 victims due to the torrential rains in Buenos Aires
- 2013-04-04 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Bishops of Patagonia: "social peace can be reached with the participation of all"
- 2013-03-25 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "Gestures that are potentially prophetic"
- 2013-03-14 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - The joy and the prayer of Pope Francis’ compatriots
- 2013-02-22 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Education in the faith in schools: commitment of teachers
- 2013-01-30 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "Drugs are also present in primary schools": Mgr. Bressanelli calls for the intervention of the State