AFRICA/TANZANIA - A Catholic priest killed while trying to stop a fight
Dar es Salaam (Agenzia Fides) - two young people were arrested by police in connection with the murder of Father Anastasius Nsherenguzi, a 43-year-old Catholic priest in the diocese of Kayanga (Tanzania), who was seriously injured on Friday, and died on Saturday, April 7, after several hours of agony without revealing any details about what had happened.
According to reports on behalf of the Daily News, Fr. Nsherenguzi, while returning from Bushangaro, the area of the parish where he had gone for a religious service, along the road he had come across some young men who were fighting. The priest immediately intervened to prevent the dispute from degenerating. But Fr. Nsherenguzi was hit in turn by a youth with a large rock, causing him fatal injuries. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 14/4/2012)
- 2014-10-17 - Activities and programs for children and adolescents infected with HIV
- 2014-08-06 - Some Tanzanian citizens arrested in connection with the assaults in Lamu, causing 100 deaths
- 2014-07-12 - The Bishops to the constituents: "You have a moral duty to give the Country a new constitution"
- 2014-06-25 - AFRICA/TANZANIA – A Tanzanian religious woman killed during a street robbery
- 2014-04-09 - "Violence against Christians derives from religious extremism but also from economic tensions", say the Bishops
- 2014-02-28 - AFRICA/TANZANIA – Zanzibar police says “no religious motives behind bomb blasts”
- 2014-02-12 - Test HIV/AIDS and free antiretroviral in the Diocese of Shinyanga
- 2013-09-18 - The conditions of the priest attacked with acid remain serious. "Why is the Church attacked?" asks the Bishop
- 2013-09-16 - The priest attacked with acid in Zanzibar transferred to Dar es Salaam
- 2013-09-03 - The Country commits itself to prohibiting child labor in gold mines