AFRICA/SOUTH AFRICA - Solidarity of the Church of South Africa to Cardinal Monsengwo for the death of his nephew, murdered in Johannesburg
Johannesburg (Agenzia Fides)-“As President of the Southern African Catholic Bishops’ Conference and Archbishop of Johannesburg, I wish to convey my deepest sympathy to the Monsengwo family” said a statement sent to Fides by Archbishop Buti Joseph Tlhagale, Archbishop of Johannesburg, in reference to the killing on Feb. 22 in the South African city of a nephew of Cardinal Laurent Monsengwo Pasinya (see Fides 02/29/2012) .
“The loss of any life by violence is not according to the will of God. The fact that another life is lost in Johannesburg – whoever it is – is very sad”.
“I assure the Congolese community in Johannesburg, in South Africa and our Brother, Laurent Cardinal Monsengwo, Archbishop of Kinshasa, of my prayers and full co-operation to bring the perpetrators of this violence to law”. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 1/3/2012)
- 2015-08-01 - AFRICA/SOUTH AFRICA – From Venezuela school material for South African children
- 2015-07-14 - Bishops' appeal: "Priority to the life of the poor people instead of the interests of pharmaceutical companies"
- 2015-07-02 - If these structural issues are not adequately addressed, we shall soon have another Marikana", says "Justice and Peace"
- 2015-06-26 - Presentation of the report on the incidents in Marikana, in 2012: "a horrible tragedy"
- 2015-06-18 - Bishops: 25% increase in electricity prices means the poor will be the ones hardest hit
- 2015-06-17 - South African leadership is accused of xenophobia
- 2015-06-03 - "The President is not liable for any non-security upgrades to his private residence"; Bishops: "we are afraid"
- 2015-05-06 - South African Bishops' donate money for the victims of xenophobic violence
- 2015-04-29 - Police arrest three people in connection with the murder of Sister Stefani Tiefenbacher
- 2015-04-21 - Natal: a life dedicated to poor children for 60 years