AFRICA-In Africa 23 million people are at risk of hunger
Johannesburg (Agenzia Fides) - Alarm of the International Federation of the Red Cross (IFRC) with regards to the food crisis that could hit 23 million people in arid areas of West Africa if not treated immediately. The IFRC, national coordination group for the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies around the world, estimates that currently 10 to 14 million people in the Sahel region do not have enough food due to poor rainfall, pest attacks and local floods. In a recent meeting at the United Nations, the regional representative of the IFRC for Sahel said that the crops in Chad and Mauritania correspond only to half of the population’s necessities. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 15/2/2012)
- 2014-06-25 - Ebola in West Africa: massive deployment of resources needed
- 2014-06-23 - "Immigrants are transforming our Church", say the Catholic Bishops of North Africa
- 2014-06-11 - Economics and Finance: Is Africa the continent of the future?
- 2014-04-25 - President of SECAM: "Africans have to rely greatly on their own human material resources"
- 2013-12-02 - No discrimination of AIDS patients; emphasis on "miraculous" solutions
- 2013-11-20 - Thirty years of the Church’s commitment in Africa against AIDS
- 2013-11-12 - Typhoon in the Philippines: solidarity in Africa springs into action
- 2013-10-15 - The wishes of the Catholic Church in Africa to the Muslim faithful for the feast of Aid El Adha
- 2013-10-14 - The Bishops of North Africa: "Our Countries have also become places of immigration"
- 2013-10-04 - Lampedusa : "To fight against traffickers and help migrant Countries" proposes Mgr.Bertin