AFRICA/ZAMBIA - City of Hope, a school for young people of Makeni
Lusaka (Agenzia Fides) - Makeni is one of the suburbs in the south of Lusaka, the capital of Zambia. Here, in 1995, the Salesian Sisters of Don Bosco built a temporary Open Community School for girls, with the hope that this could join in time public schools already present in the capital of the country. Unfortunately it did not happen and the huts which currently welcome about 800 orphans are still there. As a replacement for this building, already out of date, the sisters have begun work on a new school, the City of Hope, which will replace the classes/huts of the children by giving 1250 young people (400 more than the present) the opportunity to receive good primary and secondary quality education. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 02/12/2011)
- 2013-10-02 AFRICA/ZAMBIA - "Do we still have a functioning state? " Asks Caritas
- 2013-09-16 AFRICA/ZAMBIA - The right to a better education, better teachers and beautiful classrooms
- 2013-08-31 AFRICA/ZAMBIA – Death of Cardinal Mazombwe, Archbishop Emeritus of Lusaka
- 2013-08-02 AFRICA/ZAMBIA - Mothers manage the first kindergarten in the Chipata area
- 2013-06-13 AFRICA/ZAMBIA - "The Constitution cannot be eaten, but can ensure food on our tables"
- 2013-06-04 AFRICA/ZAMBIA - The opposition warns the ruling party: "dissolve the militia or we will be forced to defend ourselves"
- 2013-06-03 AFRICA/ZAMBIA - Pre-meditated attack against a peaceful gathering in a church
- 2013-05-10 AFRICA/ZAMBIA - "Valuable money is wasted due to the high number of by-elections" denounces Caritas
- 2013-03-15 AFRICA/ZAMBIA - "Why do so many by-elections deprive hospitals of the funds they need?"
- 2013-03-09 AFRICA/ZAMBIA - Christians launch a campaign to combat violence against women