AFRICA/GHANA - SECAM/SCEAM Permanent Committee Meeting
Accra (Agenzia Fides) – A meeting of the thirteen-member Standing Committee of the Symposium of Episcopal Conferences of Africa and Madagascar (SECAM) will take place in Accra, Ghana from October 24- 27, 2010.
According to a statement sent to Fides, apart from looking at policy decisions, the meeting will evaluate the 15th Plenary Assembly of SECAM that took place in Accra, Ghana from July 26 to August 2, 2010. The Standing Committee will also deliberate on the agenda of a seminar jointly organised by SECAM and the Conference of Council of European Bishops' Conferences (CCEE) on the theme: “News Strategies of the Ad Gente Mission: Exchange of Personnel and Formation. Vocations.”
The Committee will also look at issues that will be discussed between SECAM and the Bishops’ Conference of Germany at a meeting that is to take place in Germany in March 2011. Reports from the various offices of SECAM and Caritas Africa among others will be presented at this meeting.
The Assembly will be chaired by His Eminence, Polycarp Cardinal Pengo, President of SECAM and Archbishop of Dar- Es- Salaam, Tanzania. He will be assisted by his two Vice-Presidents, Cardinal Theodore Adrien Sarr of Senegal (First Vice President) and Archbishop Gabriel Mbilingi of Angola (Second Vice-President). (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 22/10/2010)
- 2013-11-19 - " Ghana needs a new evangelization", say the Bishops
- 2013-07-13 - The Right to health care in the Constitution has to be included: the Catholic Campaign
- 2013-02-19 - Africa’s Catholic bishops confirm commitment to promoting human development
- 2012-07-26 - The Church of Ghana express their condolences over the death of President Atta Mills
- 2011-11-15 - "Use oil proceeds for the common good": appeal on behalf of the Bishops of Ghana
- 2011-10-24 - Meeting of the Symposium of Episcopal Conferences of Africa and Madagascar (SECAM)
- 2011-10-10 - Two million people with disabilities still hampered by lack of infrastructure and architectural barriers
- 2011-09-19 - In her prophetic mission, the Church has a positive role to carry out in elections, for the good of all
- 2011-09-14 - The Church must make a significant contribution to the peaceful development of the 20 forthcoming African elections
- 2011-04-07 - Cholera epidemic affects 5,000 people: worst in 10 years