ASIA/CHINA - BEIJING HOSTS TWO INTERNATIONAL CONVENTIONS ON SARS
Beijing (Fides Service) – To adopt common measures of prevention and treatment in order to take control of SARS is the objective of two international meetings in the coming month of June in Beijing.
On 1 and 2 June representatives of China and ASEAN nations (Association of South East Asian countries) will adopt common anti-SARS control measures at frontiers. Besides delegations of the 10 ASEAN member countries, also a number of experts from other countries will attend. The Chinese delegation will be led by health minister Wu Yi.
This will be followed by a June 3 and 4 International Seminar to examine progress in research for an anti-Sars vaccine. The Chinese health ministry has announced that journalists wishing to attend the meetings are required to have a blood test and chest x-ray. Media workers are protesting. NZ (Fides Service 30/5/2003 EM lines 18 Words: 173)
- 2014-02-26 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 AFRICA - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished
- 2012-06-26 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Victims and people missing due to heavy rainfall recorded in the last days
- 2012-05-25 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The Taliban attack girls' schools in order to force the closure