ASIA/TAIWAN - MORE THAN 7.000 CHINESE SPEAKING CHRISTIANS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD WILL MEET IN TAIPEI 23 - 25 JANUARY
Taipei (Fides Service) – Chinese speaking missionaries, intellectuals and scholars and friends of the Chinese world will meet in Taipei, from 23 to 25 January Taipei for the International Chinese Speaking Christians’ Conference organised by the Catholic Church in Taiwan. Some 7.000 Christians of various confessions coming from 32 different countries are expected to attend. The meeting intends to demonstrate that religion is an agent of peace which transcends differences in race and tongue.
The meeting will include discussion, formation, prayers and festivities at Taiwan’s National College of Physical Education. Participants will include 200 missionaries from Taiwan presently working in Russia, Europe, Africa, India .
All the 7,000 participants will be guests of local families and with them they will celebrate Luna new year. For families in Taiwan this will be a rare opportunity to meet Christians from other countries and to put into practice the Bible’s teaching on hospitality to everyone especially strangers.
One major event of the meeting will be a peace march through the streets of Taipei on 25 January with the slogan “Love God, Love Virtue, Love People”. The International Chinese Speaking Christians’ Conference is held every year in a different place and it is an opportunity to enhance communion among Chinese speaking Christians wherever they are in the world.
(PA) (Fides Service 15/1/2004 lines 22 words 210)
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty