ASIA/HOLY LAND - CHRISTMAS MESSAGE FROM LATIN PATRIARCH OF JERUSALEM
Jerusalem (Fides Service) – “Fear not. Hark, I bring you tidings of great joy: unto us a Saviour is born” (Lk 2,10-11). This passage from St Luke’s Gospel was the centre of a Christmas Message addressed to Christians and all people of good will in the Holy Land by Latin Patriarch Michel Sabbah in Jerusalem. Urging governors to speak words of peace and to act with peace, the Patriarch said he hoped Christmas would mark the end of hostilities and the beginning of a period of hope and peace for the martyred people of the Holy Land. (PA) (Fides Service 23/12/2003 lines 12 words 139)
- 2015-08-07 - Women and children are the main victims of the war in the Country
- 2015-07-09 - Violence prevents aid workers to provide safe medical care
- 2015-02-23 - Release of Indian Jesuit held hostage for eight months
- 2014-12-05 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – First baby arrives in MSF new maternity centre in Kabul
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society