ASIA/HOLY LAND - CHRISTMAS MESSAGE FROM LATIN PATRIARCH OF JERUSALEM
Jerusalem (Fides Service) – “Fear not. Hark, I bring you tidings of great joy: unto us a Saviour is born” (Lk 2,10-11). This passage from St Luke’s Gospel was the centre of a Christmas Message addressed to Christians and all people of good will in the Holy Land by Latin Patriarch Michel Sabbah in Jerusalem. Urging governors to speak words of peace and to act with peace, the Patriarch said he hoped Christmas would mark the end of hostilities and the beginning of a period of hope and peace for the martyred people of the Holy Land. (PA) (Fides Service 23/12/2003 lines 12 words 139)
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished