EUROPE/ITALY - SPECIAL ITALIAN POST MARK FOR DON ORIONE CENTENARY
Rome (Fides Service) – On Sunday 26 October 2003 a special post mark will be issued to mark the 100th anniversary of the founding of Don Orione Society. The news was given by the Post and Telegraph Office of Alessandria and the Congregation of the Piccola Opera della Divina Provvidenza. "Already 40,000 people have applied for the special Don Orione post mark - says Don Flavio Peloso presently Secretary general of the congregation founded by Blessed Luigi Orione. This is also an opportunity to highlight the strong bond which unites Italy and Don Orione who travelled the peninsula to bring help to earthquake victims from Marsica to Messina. An ulterior recognition for Blessed Luigi was the approval of the miracle on July 7 this year - Don Peloso continues – which opened the way for his canonisation next year.” (S.L.) (Agenzia Fides 25/10/2003 – lines 10; words 141)
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished